1998 eclipse gsx automatic upgrade path

thats what i figured.,

sorry man I was hopin to see the fast as hell “beater” :slight_smile:

well, the tranny build from IPT is gonna cost him at least $3K alone. I was seeing this as a $10K project at least. He is thinking of stroking it to a 2.4 to give that extra tq for the auto since it eats up too much power to have off the line fun with the 2.0

i would go talk about this on www.westpadsm.com:spank: :ugh:

link dont work

if your keeping the auto i personally would put building that high up on the priority list as well as getting rid of the lame t25 turbo. when he gets the tranny built get a higher stall speed torque converter and there is no need for a stroker kit.
this is what ide do

evo 16g turbo and o2 housing
3" downpipe and cat back without cat
manual boost controller
maf translator and gm maf sensor
front mount intercooler
at least 550cc/min injectors
255lb/hr walbro fuel pump
upgraded blow off/ bypass valve since stock leak at higher boost

probably forgetting some stuff but this will give you enough to run 12’s

put a loud bov on it and drive it stock

o BTW 12’s was so 3 years ago

lol @ a 2.0 not having off the line fun.

x2
hes thinking in cobalt world

the built 2.4 could prob only rev to like 7-7500 max

what does a 2.0 rev to?

why is there so many different stroker options? would stroking benefit the build at all?

IMO no not at all when you start increasing the stroke it becomes harder on the motor when you spin it faster…turbos love RPM’s

Srt-4s are beat on because they rev to 6K well when you get a 1/2 decent size turbo on it it spools by 5500rpm then boom shift where with a smaller stroke you can spin that bitch to 9-10k no problem…
dsm’s how ever may be different but dont hold me to that

whats the bore stroke on a 4g63?
86X86 is a K series it seems like a good combo

so, is that the main reason there is a 2.1 stroker? you can get some more displacement without affecting the rev range too much.

The 2.1 is a destroked 2.4 so it is capible of revving higher than a 2.0. the 2.0 is pretty much a square bore I’ve taken mine to 9100 so far with 10 in the works.

so, 2.1 is worth it or no?

2.0 > *

900awhp

no stroking allowed…

why stroke it? when you can get blown harder?
:week:

I ran my stock head to 8500, zero problems, on FP2 cams :dunno:

Stock 2.0L

i’ll put some pics up soon, he just brought it today. already has a CEL lol. This car needs 91+ octane fuel and synthetic oil right?