1999 Cherokee Washer Problems

Ok my 1999 cherokee has a window washer issue. When I got the jeep the rear window washer would not work.

The other day the low washer fluid light came on in the dash and the fluid did run out. So I put more fluid in it today now they both don’t work.

The low washer light turned off but now I get nothing. Nothing up front or out back.

How do I solve this problem?! Thanks guys.

when the washer fluid ran out up front you may have burned out the motor inside the tank which isnt uncommon espcially in this weather, whatever lubrication was down there is gone and it may have frooze, by trying to power it to squirt a gear prolli stripped

they are probably on seperate pumps front/rear with the front being lower on the reservoir. I would check to see if the fluid is froze on the bottom, or you could pull the reservoir out and bring it inside overnight re-install and try them again. if that doesn’t work I would grab new pumps and use a lower rating on the fluid.

I don’t think its “frozen” due to the fact that it is like 40 out today. I also never had water in the tank, always the rain x stuff, which in itself is suppose to be a deicer. I guess I’ll rip into it and see if the motor is actually getting power. Does anyone know where the pumps are? The tank seems to be located in the fender. awh

usually the pumps are attached directly to the tank on the bottom

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to get to. Take off the fender liner and you’ll see the pumps. If you need to make more room, it’s 2 8mm screws that hold the container in (one near the filler neck, one near the ECU). Once those are out, pull the filler neck out and you can remove the whole bottle.

Cool beans, thats just what I was looking for, thanks man.

I also just finished building a huge basket roof rack for my jeep. Once I paint it and put it back on I’ll get some pictures up.

:slight_smile:

How many bricks can it hold?

(I hope you saw that post on wnyo. :lol:)

Should be pretty sweet. Going to throw a full-sized spare up there?

My father-in-law just replaced his on his 00, buy the cheapy universal pumps and replace both of them while you’re in there, even if it turns out you don’t have to.

my dad just had the same problem start on his 2000 cherokee, havent looked into yet, he just keeps complaining about it.

Hey, I just found a washer bottle that I have, including both pumps. They’re untested, but probably work fine. $20 and it’s all yours.

Yah bent I replied to your fs post. A tree fell down in my yard so I probably won’t get to the jeep until this weekend. If you want to bundle a few of them items I’ll take them. Are you coming to buffalo anytime soon?

Word, sounds good. No plans to swing by Buffalo any time soon…I was going to this weekend, but that fell through.

my 01 does the same thing on the front, only fails half the time…

super fucking annoying