windshield washer fluid nozzles not working

Dunno what happened, but today, my windshield washer fluid nozzles stopped working.
It was pretty low, but i filled it up and it’s still not squirting… any ideas? could it be something as easy as a fuse or something? I was just driving down 403 and the nozzles stopped working. When i pull the control arm in, nothing sprays, but the wipers wipe like there should be fluid coming out.

any clues?

Fluid rated for -5 froze?

Did you check to see if one of the lines fell off? Look under the hood.

If it’s neither of those, disconnect the hose in different places and see if fluid comes out. Either it’s jammed or the pump is broken.

ya and or the little holes get corroded and shit, take something small and jam it in there to loosen any build up.

Try using a pin to clear it up. Also, is the reservoir leeking? In my previous car the hose that sends the water to the nozzles came loose and the reservoir would not hold any fluid, hence the nozzles wouldn’t work.

-Arslan

nozzles randomly work… they worked for like 2 minutes tonight, then not anymore for the rest of the night… i unhooked the hose that’s right before the Y-split at the hood, nothing was coming out… so i gotta check closer to the resevoir, see if there’s even a signal being sent to the system :frowning:

check the motors, with the car on acc, open the hood and have someone hit the wipers for you, if you hear a little buzzing noise you have a working motor, if not there is your problem.

dissconect the line under the hood and blow threw it…if u have a airline and one of those blow away dust things(w/e their called) blast sum air threw there. Working at mr lube for a while enuff people would have that problem because they wax the car and wax gets in there and hardens. It wouldnt hurt to hold a hairdryer to the nozel incase water was in the system and froze…then try blowing it out. usually blowing it worked in all cases.
-Devin

ok… it has nothing to do with the nozzles. they worked at 100%, then stopped for like 2 days… then they worked just fine again… the immediately stopped working again… i’ve had clogged nozzles on my summer car, so i know it’s not that.
i’ll try blowing air into the hose to see what happens in the fluid tank… might be a clog somewhere else… but i’m thinkin’ it might be motor down at the washer tank… the wipers work fine, it’s just the fluid that’s not squirting.

if none of the above worked, you may have to replace the little motors/pumps that are mounted on the side (at the very bottom) of the reservoir. recently, i had a friend who’s windshield washers were not working, and those motors/pumps (theres two of them) were not working, so he grabbed them off my parts car. if you do plan on doing this, i believe he said something about taking the whole assembly out of the reservoir, and not unclipping the connector, as the motor brushes fall out with the connector? not 100% sure on this, but that’s what he said.

yep the plugs end up ripping a metal rusted clip out of the pump motor.

you pull out the plug and half the pump

it’s $40 for a whole new resevoir from a junker… so i’ll probably just opt into that.