1UZ v8 Swap s13 Coupe

Have any of you done the 1UZ swap into an S chassis? I will soon be dropping one into my 89 coupe and could use as much advice as I can find.

I have done a bunch of research and came up with this parts list;

1. 1UZ to 240sx ebay mounts
  2. Trans adapter plate for KA trans
  3. Toyota 3v or 5v flywheel
  4. Turbo mr2(3sgte) pressure plate
  5. SR20DET clutch plate
  6. 4age flywheel bolts
  7. Pilot bushing

I’m just looking for reconditions for parts and any tips or advice I can get for this swap.

Jake

I would first add Brad Ace Hettinger to facebook. He currently lives in Pennsylvania, shoot him some messages. He has this swap done in his pro drift car. I know he has fabricated the mounts in the past. He is an amazing fabricator (modifies r35’s on the regular and for a living). He is the only one I know of who does the 1uz swap. Pick his brain and see what you come up with, Im sure he wouldnt mind.

why would you use the ka trans? Go for a w58 or a r154

That.

Dumping V8 power through a 4 banger transmission = blown transmission.

Zilvia’s gotta have something. Or even the Toyota forums ?

Thanks man I’ll see if I could get a hold of him

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

KA trans are known to hold upto 500hp. The 1UZFE puts down 290hp. Thats within the safe zone for the KA trans I would say. And if she blows, in goes another I have laying around

^^ LOL at Ka trans holding 500hp! Sure it will, for a whole 5 minutes of thrashing with any kind of grip!

http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/

Why 1UZ instead of LSx? It will be only marginally cheaper, with the same amount of work and less aftermarket support.

Thats just what I read over the internet… I have a few laying around so im not too worried. I will be bolting up a 6 spd eventually anyway

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

If you want to run an LSX you will need a T56. Thats the cheapest trans that will bolt onto it and it alone goes for $2000 if you find one. The 1UZ swap has been completed for under $2000…

Just a suggestion for another dirt cheap V8, have you looked at using a Ford 302?

xat racing: http://www.xatracing.com/noname.html

contact brett collins for help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9gSNozFmH0

I have but I need a modern v8 due to gas mileage. im going to be driving this thing from sauga to shanonnville and back a couple times this drift season lol

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Thanks. I have already spoken with him. He is hooking me up with everything I need for under a grand

I could see if you had an hour daily commute or something, but from missisauga to shannonville and back a few times isnt really that much
2000km @ 15mpg = 372$ @ $4.50/gallon
if you got 30mpg, would only save you $185 a year if driving 2000km, (missisauga to shannonville and back 4 times)

rough numbers yea, but close enough. I’d rather just take the easy route and spend $185 more on fuel through the year

I appreciate the math work lol. But this will be my DD and mon-fri I spend over 1 hour in grid lock.

Well I got the kit ordered last night. It includes the KA trans plate adapter, machined 4 runner flywheel, MR2 Tubro pressure plate, stage 3 6 puck SR clutch, pilot bearing adapter, extended throw out bearing slider, engine mounts. $1250 shipped. Im exited about the customs charges

^ interesting! I will be following this. What year engine did you decide on?

I’m ready to pull the trigger on a swap, so this is good timing : )

im still trying to find a low mileage 1UZ. My parts for the swap should be in any day now tho

this is a waste of time and money. just get a LS.
http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/105615-v8-240sx-faq.html
LS is much easier to get started. a lot of mounts, headers, manifolds, oil pans etc are available (sikky, hooker, etc) to make it fit. on top of that it makes a shit load more than 290hp. and alo there is so much parts available and every machine shop know wats up so they charge wayyy less cz they spend less time figuring shit out.

2 problems with the LS1 swap:

1. Expensive as F*ck
  2. Very very hard to find a motor, and one that hasn’t been beat to hell.

Class dismissed…

I gotta agree with you 240pimp

I picked up an LS400 for the engine for $500. I will sell the shell to the local yard for like 2-300 bucks. Thats like $200 for the engine (LS1=$3000+). Im gonna run one of my stock KA 5 speed trans I have laying around that is worth $60 (T56 trany for LS1 is $2000 minimum if you could find one).

LS1 engine + T56 trans= $5000
1UZ engine + KA trans= $260

I got the complete 1UZ into 240 kit from brett collins for $1250 shipped. It includes everything from custom flywheel/clutch to the trans adapter plate. Im quite sure the required parts for the LS1 instal would be much higher too.

For headers I got these for $180 shipped. Pass side clears fine, drivers side needs a bit of work but nothing crazy.

The 1UZ is a beastly engine with 6 bolt mains and can easily put out 450hp with a vortec supercharger bolted on using the “fish” bracket. Throw two nice turbos on there and put down 1200hp+. Or go with the ITB’s and make 400hp with some dirty sounds coming out of the front of your car.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

startin to look freshh lol. got the intake painted and installed already
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/5745/img0032wm.jpg

Loooks sic man cant wait