2/1/06 - 9PM - My House

so artic zap made a good recommendation that i was alread considering, and now i’m following through with it…

posting a meet to get my car out of the mud lol…

as you can clearly see from DrDos’ mighty meet thread for tomorrow, the car is in the mud from sitting for a few months, about 4 inches deep in back, 2 to 3 inches deep in front…

the car was only 4 inches or so off the ground to begin with, so there is literally no room to get under it to tie anything to it, it’s resting on the ground…flat, it’s that sunk.

it’s on the side of my house facing the street, so we’ll have to push it up and out about 4 inches, then forward about 10 feet to my neighbor’s driveway given that their cars aren’t in the way, otherwise we’re pushing it about 25ft to the street/edge of their driveway…

just flooring it and hoping it’ll get itself out is not an option seeing that our yard is something my parents hold at some value…

anybody that wants to help can PM me for my cell number and directions…
everybody thats shows up to help, and if we actually succeed in getting it out, get’s a cherry or apple empanada on me at the mighty meet the following evening…

this is limited to 10 people lol, i dont want all of nyspeed showing up for free empanadas…

lmao on free empanadas.are boots recommened? i dont knwo how bad it really is back there. wanan hit me bak a pm with directions.

boots are recommended, but it hasn’t really rained too much in the past few days, so it wont be as bad as last time i was back there (which was a good inch of just water since the entire section of the yard where the car is slightly sunk a bit, creating a small puddle-pool)

pm being sent with directions…

for all others considering it, it’s in cheektowaga by the old apple tree mall…

wow you are splurging a whole 69 cents!

make it a mighty pack you big spender

I dont think people are going to be able to move it. You may need a tow line or winch.

lol…BALLERRRRRRRRRRRRRR STATUS

lame. why don’t you be a little more gracious when asking for help and maybe more people would want to.

dig the mud out so u can attach a tow line to it, then call me

you dont understand the level of cheapness andy has

^^^^LOL

a free empanada i think i’ll lolerskate myself back home here tonight instead lollllll

What happened to the NYSpeed givingness friendlyness? Whatever though.

yeah fuck all the dicks so far…

there are plenty of people on here that would go somewhere to help somebody out with a car in a heartbeat, and so far none of them have posted other than joe (nitroinsane) and articzap…

and yes, i am cheap…i’m asking for a friendly favor, and in return making a friendly gesture/offer…when you have a car that breaks every 5 minutes, you have to be cheap in other circumstances…

oh and edit:

people aren’t reading before posting…

1 - the car is ON THE GROUND and i mean belly down, touching…NOTHING …not even a sheet of paper, is going to fit under it…

2 - i mentioned the yard needs to be preserved…ruling out the genius idea of digging out the yard in front of the wheels…

I dont think you wil be able to push the car out. You will need to dig alittle to get a chain to pull it out. A winch would be the best idea or even if you had a come-a-long that you can tie to a tree, just put a blanket on the cable just incase it snaps. I know you said that you dont want to mess up the lawn but its already fucked with the car sunk down.

You only get that if your popular and know everyone.

well like i said the tow rope iwll be in my truck if we cant push it out and you want to dig a small thing to get it under there.

2 people lift each fender to get some clearance, hook up a chain or strap, pull with vehicle.

You could always lower the windows and put the strap right through the car. The result could be very interesting!

ummm well i’d love to help and all but the trip won’t even cover my gas money out there. plus preserving the lawn isn’t an option with 10 guys walking around in boots on muddy ground .
my suggestion which is the cheapest way for you to do it … wait untill the ground freezes again. then try it . it should me much easier … OR wait untill high summer and the ground is hard packed again

i’d be there with the pathfinder but alas, i’m 3000 miles away

where do you live?

How is digging it out not an option? You want to get your car out right? So get 10 people, dig out the front/back of the car until you can get underneath it to hook up a tow strap, and tow that shit out. Then, and I know this part is super hard and complicated but please stay with me, throw back the mud and dirt you dug out and plant some grass seed. OMG.