2 10's in my s10 overkill?

ok so i have 2 10 inch subs and all the stuff for it and i just ordered a box to put them into my s10 standard cab? in your opinion or preferebaly(sp) from experience can you tell me if its overkill or if it’ll sound ok.

thanks

depends what it is…are we talking 10’s from the flea market with a 150$ setup or baller status?

their digital audio. their made by audiobahn from what i was told

what body style s10 is this for ?

2 10’s wont be to much, had 2 in my 95 and it was quite nice

standard cab

should have been more specific in my question, i ment is it the 94 and older, or 95 and newer body style ?

its a 1995 sorry

never over kill , theres not a lot of room in there for the proper box you need. each sub has a recomneded box and vent size, ( or just sealed size ) so they wont sound like they would even if you put them in a hatchback, and i had 2 pioneer 10s and 2 poinner 12s in a reg cab 90 cheyenne sounded fine with wal mart 4x6s

Theres no such thing as overkill! :slight_smile:

i deff agree!

most likely gonna sound like shit … there just is not enough airspace in the cab of that truck to make anything sound good …

Trust me … i have many years of expierence trying to get a reg cab pickups sound good … i would only go with 1 10" … and a big enough box

reg cab’s will suck.

Run (1) 10 or 12 and the largest enclosure You can fit, tuned low

i had a 1 10 in boston acoustic sub in the accord and it did me just fine… in the trunk.

i think this is a little overkill inho.

actually i kinda lied i would sell you subs now and go for pioneer
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/album/compare/0,,2076_310069927,00.html
these subs sound amazing for what they are, they actually recomend a small box size

well i already have the subs and i ordered the box specifically for the s10 standard cab. the box that i had my subs in was pretty small too and it sounded good. can i still have it sound ok? like without rattling and i mean i dont like to listen to insanely loud bass, i listen to metal and hardcore and VERY little bit of rap so mostly im looking for the low bass like bass pedal

i dont see a problem with that should sound fine, i do SPL comps, i thought you where going to be one of the retards that show up in a truck and try to beat hatchs and SUVs lol those subs in that box would do fine, worse comes to worse sell the subs and try something diff

i had a 48" long box in my 95 regular cab, and it was large enough for 4 10’s, fitting 2 12" subs would have required either seat mods, or cab mods

i had 2 subs in the box, each out towards the end, then stacked 2 narrow subs between the seat backs, lower amp mounted totaly to the box, upper amp mounted to the box and to the rear sheetmetal , and then i had a few more amps and crossovers mounted to the rear wall above the box . behind the seats

everything was tuned by an old friend who used to do competitions, and it sounded fucking amazing, and it rattled the entire shop @ schmitts teh day he finished tuning it. i had something like 600 watts going thru the subs alone

but i also had everything covered in sound deadening … rear wall, floor, door skins, firewall, roof, and anyplace i couldnt lay sheets, i sprayed undercoating. i also spent time tracking down rattles

i had plenty of compliments on the system, alot of which were from strangers so it definantly sounded good enough to be worth the effort

lol yeah i just want some decent bass nothing insane like a few people at school running 2 10’s and 2 12’s in a corsica.

[QUOTE=HotRodKid]i had a 48" long box in my 95 regular cab, and it was large enough for 4 10’s, fitting 2 12" subs would have required either seat mods, or cab mods

i had 2 subs in the box, each out towards the end, then stacked 2 narrow subs between the seat backs, lower amp mounted totaly to the box, upper amp mounted to the box and to the rear sheetmetal , and then i had a few more amps and crossovers mounted to the rear wall above the box . behind the seats

everything was tuned by an old friend who used to do competitions, and it sounded fucking amazing, and it rattled the entire shop @ schmitts teh day he finished tuning it. i had something like 600 watts going thru the subs alone

thats sick, prolly sounded good cause of the sound deadening prevented alot of rattling.

Thanks alot for all the help guys

ya that musta sounded nice the only compiments i got was the finger lol ppl trying to ajust there mirrors at redlights and cant see haha any DB reads? i was street tuned just for bumpin and crusing 144.4db wit 2 10s 1 amp. i would say we should start a thread to see who is the loudest but someone would be dumb and lie lol

i never got any DB readings in my truck, as i had no interest in that

i built the box because i was called a retard for thinking i could get four 10’s in the cab of the truck without cutting the cab wall. i was told that the only commercialy available bax for that body style was for a single 10, and because of that everything else was impossible

so i built a box for 4, and then showed it to the idiot that doubted the possibility. he was quite unhappy that he decided to cut out the cab wall just to put 2 10’s in the bed

i never bothered to turn it up all the way because ive got ear damage … loud stereo systems cause a bit of pain … i built the system so that all the frequencies were well represented, and that all became “to loud” at about the same time

i think 28 / 50 was the limit, and 22/50 was where i ran it constantly