2 codes on GTP boggling me..........

First is a P0101B…MAF Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

Second is… P0443B…EVAR Purge Sel Control Circuit

Now when the car is cold and i start it it dies unless i give it gas up to about 1700 rpm n hold it for abour 30 secs or else give it gas then throw it in drive or revers n sit,now when i do that it wants to die but doesnt and finnally the idle calms down to norm and then it is fine. Any clue?

if your canister purges at idle or on a cold start that will cause it to die. Obviously the pcm should not be commanding this at idle. why it’s doing this??? beats the fuck outta me lol

MAF problem? replace the sensor or the fuse

vacume leak

I htoght that too,but where? Matt.i replaced the MAF with two dif ones i know were good to no avail…

if it was a vacuum leak another DTC should come up showing one. when OBD II checks a evap system it pumps air in to the tank until a certain pressure builds, if that pressure never builds a code is set

just those two codes present for about a month now,if it was a vac leak then y would it go away after it warms up or idles for about a min or two?:rant:

purge must be stuck open then

u talking about a differant system

because maybe its the intake or s/c ,when it get warn it swells & seals the leak!:dunno:

IAC? maybe that one you swaped with is fubared. i get off at 3 today. we can do an attempt on cleaning it. my grand am did the same thing when i first got it running. after i sealed the vac. leak. but it took alot to clean the IAC

dunno if this helps at all but i got a new purge solenoid i bought for the beretta but ended up not needing. if you do need it or wanna try it i just have it laying around the house.

should work since my car is OBDII but who knows…

Wwell i checked on ClubGP and searched under 'Purge" and found someone with some fo the same codes as mine,people told him to check the IGN 1 fuse,i checked mine and it was blown…so i think that was the problem…YAY.!

Thanks though guys!!!

I told you to check fuses the last time you mentioned this!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,I thought i did to tell u the truth:rant: :rofl:

so hows the other motor comin along? if your not gonna use the egr on it I found you a cool trick to keep the blower/throttle body cooler. you can tap the 2 holes on top of the lim with 1/8-27 NPT and stick countersunks in. keeps coolant out of the top of your motor.

Motor is just sitting here all nice n clean,it is still a whole motor including the charger,i am not sure as of what i will be doing with it at this moment. The car might be gone here soon…:sadwavey:

if you ever feel like just giving parts away you know who to tell

fuck, if my intake install bogs I might need a motor ya know :naughty:

your 1st code… try to clean the MAF with carb cleaner and soft brush. that doen’t work, try someone else’s MAF.

2nd check vac lines and blow out the chanister with compressed air

nah don’t use a brush. CRC makes an electronic parts cleaner out there that works pretty well. if you use a k&n and re-oiled it this would clean that shit off

It,s fixxed now adam,it was a fuse.thanks though