2 day event at gingerman

I am heading out in a couple hours for a 2 day event in MI at gingerman. I am meeting some friends from SHO forum as well as 89CRX from here. He is bringing both his S/C S2000 and his modded S4 (2 drivers). I just hope the SHO will keep its stuff together. This is the first time I have ever done a track event and not gone with complete confidence in my vehicle. At the last nelson ledges event I wore out my front brake pads (got 7 events on them) rear brake pads (15+ events) and the engine developed rod knock a the end of the day. I was lucky and I put in a new set of bearings and the knock is gone for now. The crank and rod looked 100% so I think the repair will stick. I am pretty sure It got oil starved at nelson because it was a qt low (oops) Last night after getting a exhaust manifold leak repaired the car started leaking power steering fluid. Apparently the power steering cooler hose was rubbing on my clutch linkage and it wore through. I cut a section out and put in a piece of steel hose with 2 fuel line clamps on each side. I am pretty sure the cooler is on the return side so I think the repair will hold.

I also replaced a rear wheel bearing that had was making some noise. I have had 5 SHO’s and have never had one wear out. I have a hunch sliding the car around at nelsons bumpy track may have been the reason it gave up.

This track is pretty smooth so hopefully that will help. And, I’ve only been on 5 or 6 different tracks, but Gingerman has been my favorite so far. Have fun!

How was it in reverse? Did they do full course reverse or short course reverse?

We celebrated Memorial Weekend at the GingerMan with four straight successful track days. The highlight of the weekend was running Counter-Clockwise on Saturday with Auto Interests. This configuration offers a completely new track for drivers to master. We’ve been making on-going improvements to optimize the new arrangement: adding sand traps and tire walls, shifting around some corner stations and restructuring grid to maximize track time. We are also assessing corners to add reverse direction curbing in the near future. Your next opportunity to drive GingerMan Counter-Clockwise will be with Three Balls Racing on July 1.

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/files/images/Gingermantrack_map_2011.jpg

I hate that tow, but this makes me look forward to going back there, hopefully LeMons will do it counter-clockwise.