2001 vw passat 1.8 t hard starting

go to crank it over and it will crank crank then fire

just changed the plugs timing belts water pump

fuel pressure regulator??? how much do these lil buggers run??

take it to Jeff he loves VW’s

doubt it is the fpr. check timing marks again to make sure your aligned. any check engine lights on?

they are lined up no lights

it did this before the timeing belt change just gotte progressively worse

considering there was a puddle of oil sitting in the charge piping the turbo may be starting to seize up a bit, causing exhaust flow restriction.

no not at all… that is normal and fine… it’s an oem close recirc system…

maybe the maf is dying??? try to unplug the maf sensor and see if that helps start… did you get her the newer ‘green top’ coolant temp sensor???

sonny, would that year have the shitty coilpacks?

Also try unplugging the Throttle Body Position sensor on the t/b, It will bog down/stahl at first, plug back in to reset itself.

newer coolant temp sensor never aware that was suppose to…

ill try that and throttle position sensor

nope your wrong…looked into it some kinda crazy vw thing that they do that…

:bash: turbo spools fine

thought that but useually when coil packs go they act like a miss and you have teh problem at acceleration…and what not and useually thorws a misfire code??

99.5 - 02 had shitty coils… the passat should have the good ones… but i’ve never really had coils cause shit like that… usually they just idle loopy and just die one day…

the TB could be causing it… but i dunno… checking the car with a computer will tell you what it’s reading for a TPS signal and it should be hit or miss… people have had ‘carbon’ buildups and cleaned them out and claimed to cause a difference, but i think that’s all bullshit.

spangs… green coolant temp sensor, o-ring and c-clip are like 6 or 8 bucks… it’s worth the change out… it helped my car with cold starts… I honestly think it would be the MAF sensor, as mine caused cold startup issues, but it should throw a code and have the ASR light on if bad (the traction control light)…

have you replaced the fuel filter? get a new bosch filter from somewhere like ecstuning.com and give it a shot. if the plugs are old enough, changing them could be part of the solution…

nope havent changed the fuel filter ill order one and the sensor and go from there…just wanna keep this car running as long as possible just paid it off…and its an awsome car…just vw is gay with alot of stuff

it sonly happens now and then like yesterday said she had no problem starting it at all…

dunno just 100,000 miles on it so time to do a lil love on it

question i know you said green there is also a blue??sensor

whatever part number ends with the ‘highest’ letter…

liek

032 6456 23C
032 6456 23F

F is the latest part… so get the higher letter at the end.

i know on my car it’s a green temp sensor that replaced the Black temp sensor…

my car is at 97k miles and jenns at 98k… all i did were timing belts on both and maintenance… fuel filters, spark plugs and whatnot…

i’m getting fucked on o2 sensors and inspection with mine… but oh well.

cool i noticed some acid build up on the negative end of the battery gonna take that off and clean it up…

mine did that all the time… for about 3 months before hte battery went to shit… :slight_smile: be prepared to get an OEM battery or at least the dealer OEM replacement battery because these bitches take a ton of cranking power… some shitty NTB battery wont cut it… trust me.

i wire brushed mine adn sprayed that shit for battery terminals on it and it’s worked great.

optimas??

that would work too… i think the oem replacement is an ac delco… jenn’s battery shit so we drove to NTB (it was close) and their battery showed high 12 volts but wouldn’t crank the car… just dropped to 9volts on crank because the cca was low as fuck… all their batteries are cheap garbage bullshit.

interstate has replacement batteries. thats what we install at work. come w/ like a 2 yr warranty, then prorated after that or something.