2002 Jeep window went down and wont go back up

So the other day the window in my wifes jeep went down by itself and will not go back up. Has anyone has this problem or know how to fix it. I have the door panel off but cant really tell what the problem is.

Thanks,
Pat

Power windows I assume? Did you check the fuses?

Yes they are power. I checked the fuses, they are fine. The motor still runs and from what I have been reading online it is a common problem with just about every year jeep. There is a little plastic clip that holds the wire on the bottom of the window. That wire is responsible for raising and lowering the windown and since the piece of shit plastic clip broke off its stuck down. Some guy on a jeep forum has been making aluminum blocks to fit where the plastic clip goes and they have worked great. I guess the plan is to order one from him and see how it goes. What a pain in the ass.

Jeep quality!

:tup:

/sarcasm

And I can bitch, as I have witnessed Jeeps poor quality in areas for a few years now.

Great SUVs as long as you take out the whole interior, and never roll the windows down.

Ya no doubt. We havent had many problems. The power steering pump went, and now the window. Other then that it has been a good vehicle. So I guess I know what the problem is and I am just wondering if anyone as ever taken the power window assemblies out and replaced them. I know I can do it but any help would be appreciated.

Mechanically they are solid, but for the price, they have such poor quality interiors.

Good luck getting it fixed. My lady’s passenger side rear door won’t open, and I am lost as for a way to get it open myself.

Well from what I have been reading it is the same problem I am dealing with. I will be more then happy to give you a hand with it once this piece comes in and I get it back together. I did a ton of research today and the window either gets stuck down or up, but eventually most people said the window just drops.

wundow regulator is broke

Ya the plastic piece that broke is part of the window regulator. Instead of spending 90 on a whole new one, I guess the piece that I bought for $25 will do the trick. I will post some pics when it is done and a review.