92 Subaru power window stuck DOWN

Don’t ask me why, but the BF felt the need to put the window down today instead of turning the heat off. Now it’s stuck down and of course the window is the door seal. I have no idea how to take the door panel off, but I couldn’t imagine that this would be a big deal to fix. Help??

it’s not hard to take the door panel off, just a few screws, then get a flat bar to pop off the mounting tabs. start at the bottom, work towards the top. the top just hangs over a lip.

once that’s off, apply power +12V and a ground to the two motor leads. if that doesn’t work, reverse them. If that doesn’t work, you will need to wind it up manually.

at any rate, once it’s up, disconnect the motor.

Yeah, I should have put take over the switch a month ago when I figured out it didn’t work. D’oh.
Thanks Newman.

any time.

blow up my cell if you need a walk through, jam has it.

I manually put this thing up how???
Someone kill me now.

your BF did it, have him fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

See you would think that would be the case. But no. He just gave me some lip about how the Subaru he bought today is leaking gas and he has to fix that first. I see the importance with a gas leak, and yes, I am smart enough to do this myself but I don’t have a garage. So I’m out in the driveway in the dark poking around with electrical (not my strong subject).
I’ll eventually figure it out, but sadly, I need more daylight.

i’ll do it, but it’ll cost you a $20 spot. Anytime tomorrow I’m free.

does the window even make a noise (attempting to do anything)? It could be off track , just had to throw that in, mine broke on the passenger side all i had to do was have one person hold the swtich an then pull it up manually.

hold the switch in the up position and bang on the door panel (near where the motor is) with your fist. done this plenty of times in quick pinches where it is raining etc…

if you have a legacy i have all the windows and door, regualtor switch, etc. let me know lol,

I’ve already done the “hold the button and pull” trick (which worked oddly well on my Oldsmobile) and of course, that didn’t work. No noises at all when the button is pushed up, but if you push it down, the window will go down more. (It’s about half way down right now)
Gah. It’s raining. OK, I’m gonna go back out and sit in my mud puddle to figure this out. Where is the regulator on this car?(Loyale not a Legacy)

It sounds like a wiring or switch issue seeing as it goes one way and does nothing the other way. Should be pretty straight forward,Otherwise check to see if anything is disconnected. And if you are not that good at wiring, the simplest and most halfassed fast approach would be to reverse the wires to the motor so it will at least stop raining in the car.

If you are familiar with it, break out a multimeter and test the switch/wiring. Again that is assuming nothing at all happens when you try to roll it up. If you need help with the wiring/testing shoot a PM out and I can take a look I’m pretty darn bored today, as usual all I ask for is the usual payment in sums of tasty food/lunch.

The regulator was toast. Not being able to afford a new one, I unscrewed the regulator mounts, turned the entire thing counter-clockwise (which put the window up) drilled a new hole, mounted the regulator in it’s new location, and drilled a screw through the track. I’ve resigned to the fact that the window will never go back down. But it’s no longer raining in.

well at least there’s no more animals in your car and no rain :slight_smile:

Hahahahaha:biglaugh: Power options FTL! I’m going to go rig up my new acetate window right now, and start looking for doors with manual windows. (See my post):funny:

If it’s not “rigged” it’s not fixed correctly. :biglol: