2003 Audi RS6 build thread

I am getting a lot of that, maybe it is time to dyno it again. I am starting to think people just think I am making this shit up. lol It is really just an A6 as an RS6 clone and the mod list is obviously fake too then. :slight_smile:

• Updated - - -

Here is a testimonial from the sole test driverā€¦

ā€œThe torque is phenomenalā€“it responds in any gear from 3rd to 6th, even uphill. Mike thinks it will run a sub-12 second quarter mile. I agree.ā€

:slight_smile:

How much power does it put down?

Edit: An earlier post says 444awhp doesnā€™t seem like a lot when youā€™re driving a tank

Enough to get it under 12 seconds apparently. Like I said I will have to get it back on the rollers. If I guess what the numbers are it would just be ā€œricer numbersā€. :wink: That being said the Wagner intercoolers give it 60 ricer hp. The manual transmission gives it 15% more ricer awhps soā€¦

I hoping for 500 but I will be happy with anything over 444. :smiley:

I had to use it once to obtain a correct axle AFTER I removed the old one only to discover they gave me one 3" shorter. It felt fast shifting it at 1200rpms as I was on pins and needles driving the fucker.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33896[/ATTACH]

2005 94K black on black. New front rotors (385X36 monsters) and pads Keeps up with my tip S4 on 20psi. The W12 would put my S4 to shame 0-40 though and they are even up top until 140-150 the W12 starts walking it. I suspect it has pretty decent aero. I also raced a 2011 S4 with a intake only and we were dead even till 140 then I would start walking it. It is suprisingly good on gas too on long tripsā€¦ if you leave it at home and take something else. at 75mph I got 21.6mpg including 1 155mph run. it averaged 20.9 on the way back thanks to 4 sessions at mid ohio. It had a CE for SAI on bank 3, I just changed the combi valve on it and still have not put it back together. Just need to bolt the bumper back on and take it for a ride. The D3 A8 has a outstanding sound system if you care about things. iā€™m not going to list the options because the list is obnoxious so I will tell you what it does not have. I have not dynoed it since I had it tuned but it made a very noticeable increase in power. After sending logs back and forth we were able to add 6 deg of timing above 3K and were able to lean it out a tad up top. I am working with a guy now to reprogram the TCU to raise the shift points and speed up the factory lazy shifts. I know this 6 speed has a fair bit of potential.

Not equipped:
armored vehicle
rear fridge
reclining rear seats
solar sunroof
B&O sound system

The broken:
auto door closer on driver door does not operateā€¦soooo you have to close the door yourself

recent maint:
front pads/rotors
rear pads
17qt oil change
coolant drain and fill
both front upper forward control arms (changed with OEM arms)
4 new tires last winter (275/35/20)

edit: I donā€™t have the balls to do it but I would love to see this thing with a major shot of spray.

It is definitely an intriguing car to me being a big Audi guy. The reason I would consider trades is so I could trade it in, the miles on the W12 would probably kill trade in value. If I kept it, I HATE owning black cars in WNY. Does the 2005 still have the transmission the 2003 has?

• Updated - - -

I would love to race AJ but newer Audis have a way of defying numbers with magical engineering. It is almost like they lie about power numbers. :slight_smile: if anything, I may beat him to 60 but then his aerodynamics would start beating my brick. (I probably couldnā€™t even beat him to 60 though.)

GTR might be a solid run too if we are looking to line up 4000 lb pigs. :wink:

4000 is the new 3000. :slight_smile:

• Updated - - -

This is an interesting video, if you skip to about 10:00 it talks about how the Audi is faster even though it has 70 fewer torques and weighs more.

https://youtu.be/Xm_RvrS67VU

[QUOTE=Blue Eyed Devil;4621336]It is definitely an intriguing car to me being a big Audi guy. The reason I would consider trades is so I could trade it in, the miles on the W12 would probably kill trade in value. If I kept it, I HATE owning black cars in WNY. Does the 2005 still have the transmission the 2003 has?

04+ a8 got the 6hp26 which has proven to be a very stout transmission.

6HP26A[edit]Four-wheel drive version used in Audi, Volkswagen Passenger Cars and Bentley marques of the Volkswagen Group:

the W12 in the audi A8 is one of the lower power rated transmission used with that transmission. The bentley makes quite about 200 more wheel tq with some tuning and they seem to hold up just fine. I just donā€™t care for the programing myself, IMO the tq management cuts in for too long and makes med throttle takeoffs kind ofā€¦ not smooth when shifting around 2800-3200rpm. Donā€™t be fooled though it is still making over 380 wheel tq in the RPM range so that is a aggressive takeoff. I am very picky when it comes to how my transmission shift. This is something audi has never seemed to get right in the programing.

you comment on how audi seems to beat their competition with less powerā€¦ they LIEEEEE. car and driver ran the new S8 on the dyno and found it was making over its rated crank hp at the wheels. suddenly ā€œ520hpā€ ends up being closer to 540whp due to ā€œloose tollerancesā€ sort of a oops we accdently made 600hp our bad. The new ZF8 speed is a great transmission but it will be a while before I can get my hands on one.

If you start driving hard in sport mode the TCU will start to play ball when it realizes you want to drive like a dick. It will keep the rpm up over 3500 and speed up the shifts a bit. 3500 might not seem like a lot but it only revs a little over 6 so it sort of is for this car.

B8 S4s are pigs and run 11s with just under 400whp so I would wager this moves out pretty good.

B8 S4 is 3600lbs

2003 RS6 is 4000lbs+

I would also guess making this thing manual isnā€™t going to help in breaking any 1/4 mile records

If have ever driven an autotragic Audi you would know.

Iā€™ll do some pulls with my 4300Lbs E55

My w12 is 4700lbs. The 15+" brakes manage it very well though

Clearly must considering youā€™re doing retarded 155mph pulls in it.

I wonder what my car weighs without the stock exhaust, transmission and suspension.

On sale! $22,000!!!

my dsg b8 s4 was a little over 4000 lbs FYI

This car may not set any records but it is a blast to driveā€¦ and you can take 4 friends with youā€¦ in the snowā€¦ :slight_smile:

It now has a !#!%#!@#!*^&#@! boost leak. New price $21500.