2003 Audi RS6 build thread

:bigtup:

Sweet, driving there, taking the bus home? J/K I hope this goes well, I am a huge fan of 3 pedals.

X…

Steve offered his car but I get nervous driving someone elses car that far so I made other arrangements. He seems quite knowledgeable so I think everthing will go well.
Can’t wait!

Wow, this is impressive. Can’t wait to see the final product.

:tup:

Sweet :tup:

The car is now at Steve’s where it was 110 degrees today according to the car, that was crazy hot and humid. If all goes well it should be about 2 weeks to complete the conversion and maintenance.

Hell yes!!!

Were there no bearings for the rebuild kit? Only reason I ask is because I have my own tranny rebuild thread going and planning to attempt it myself. Curious about yours.

Yeah just what you see in post #27 picture. The composite parts are the only “modded” part about the kit, I believe.

Some dude bros in a Suby gave me the thumbs up as I was passing them so I waved and for some stupid reason I mashed the gas. Next was a huge clunk, then rocket mode. That would have been embarrassing if the tranny finally blew up right then and there on I79. lol

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Gas is cheaper per gallon in PA but somehow I put 23 gallons in my car while the computer said I still had 40 miles to go. (?!?!)
My car got 22 mpg while the Xterra got 15mpg. I had to laugh.

:tup:

I need opinions. Is this too sketchy…
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-S-LINE-STEERING-WHEEL-S5-R8-S3-Q7-S4-S6-S7-S8-A3-TT-AIRBAG-/251076279912?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D649300182264164085%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26

What do you think? I really want this and this but I don’t want to get ripped off.

^
price looks right, that’s pretty much what my A3 has. What makes you think it’s compatible with your car?

Yeah the price looks very good from what I have seen.
A guy on RS6 forum has one like it. I am not 100% sure it is the same wheel but he said it was from a TT.

does he have the airbag and radio controls working? I don’t expect them to be functional.

basically you can cross shop most of the nicer models / optioned audi cars 2006+ to get this wheel with subtle differences. I love it in my car.

I was thinking the airbag was functional. I saw it about a year ago so I don’t remember. I will find it again.

Edit: I guess the newer airbags are dual stage and the older are single. (Still not sure about functionality yet)

gotta be slim to no chances you’re getting a dual stage airbag working in an older car.

The sensors are different. Might be able to go single stage with the older versions.

Yeah I am not sure if that wheel I have a link to is dual or single. (?)
I think being flat bottom = newer = dual stage. (?)

Well I got some pictures of the tranny rebuild, he said it wasn’t bad but the picture looked like there were chunks/sections missing but maybe that is normal. lol
He is waiting for a crank sensor now, I guess I should have gotten one before.