2003 Audi RS6 build thread

When’s the expected completion?

Next week, so…

Do tires count as “build” material? :slight_smile: I needed to reload the stockers for AWD heaters. (Yeah right)
Time to dust off the tire changer. :slight_smile: You gotta love Tire Rack I ordered these Saturday and they arrived Monday.:headbang:

Part of the progress update from Steve…

Your exhaust is huge and the downpipes appear to be custom as well.

Since you appear to have custom downpipes, there’s a chance that the O2 sensors will hit the manual transmission. I will know this (and whether there will be interference with the trans mount brackets) before the engine goes back up and will have to make a decison on how to relocate (re-clock) the O2 sensors and clearance the trans mount bracket(s). Hopefully no action will be required.

:ohnoes:

I don’t think I knew the downpipes were custom. scratches head.

And of course there are other issues as well but nothing major.

In 2015 this car is going to be sweet

Whatever. :slight_smile: Most builds on here take 5 years, this is a blink of an eye.

Let me know when it’s done and all sorted out… aka ready to sell it :slight_smile:

Like I always say, everything I own is always for sale… at the right price. Custom downpipes just added about $2000.00. :smiley:

What are you talking about? We’re all going to be dead at the end of this year!

:wink:

I’m anxious to see this finished, it sounds like it’d be a sweet ride.

Well this can of worms is quickly becoming a 55 gallon drum. He just discovered that the after/auxillary(whatever) coolant pump is shot and it looks like it has been for a looooong time. And of course these are not on the shelf at the local Audi dealer. There are a bunch of other little issues but this one is going to sting a bit more. :frowning:

Sry to hear, but if u need anything brought down or up, I’m in Pittsburg every other week some months

votes on what happens first:
a) this car finished
b) white dude in the Oval office

ah just bypass the pump. hurry up and finish it.

Well, to be honest, who didn’t see this coming lol

Maybe you could take me down there to get it. :slight_smile: (Not sure when of course. :()

It better not take five years.

He mentioned that but at this point I want everything proper with no cutting corners.

True. I was hoping for the best but, that gets you no where. “If you hope in one hand and poop in the other, which one will fill up first?”

Depends if you ate a lot of cheese recently and are a little backed up or not.

Praise Jah!(Alleluia!)
It is all back in one piece and driving great. Steve is just working with the ECU now trying to make it happy as far as warning lights go.

woo hoo

Nice, cant wait to see this in action

Nice!