2003 Cavalier [ college kid build]

i dont think its pointless to make what you have more fun…
maybe one day youll change your mind… but i dont plan on just having a stock car for years untill i have money to get another…

so well see if i can maybe someday impress you guys… but if not its cool… im here to have fun, meet some new people, and do what i enjoy doing…

thanks for looking

pleaseeeee… don’t make this thing incredibly ricey by putting on a ridiculous wing, body kit, or other useless mods

thank you!!

thats not my intention at all…
the only exterior plans i have for it is a lip kit…
so to anyone who doesnt know much about cavaliers it will look like the stock LS cavs…

:rofl

Nothing against you or your car…I never liked anything to do with moding out a cavalier…when ever I see one, I think of a pepboys muffler, Underglow, and Mesh grille…

Like the others said…if you want your car to be respected, Do it the right way…

Other than that, Car looks to be in good shape…Goodluck…

just out of curiosity what are people getting for power with your mods or similar mods?

im not too sure to be honest… im guessing not too much but thats all im really doing…
once i get all my money saved upfor the cam install and tune ill be on synapse’ dyno and will have definite numbers after that…

my friend had a quad4 motor in his cutty with 66k on it and guess what… it blew up.

just a fun fact.

thanks…
alot of ecotecs have made it well into the hundred thousands of miles… theres a couple that have more than 200,000 and are still running fine…

but your fun fact made my day

LOL
he beat the balls off it for 3 weeks straight LOL.

+1 :ahh

hey i like the cav, alot of ppl give those cars alot of crap, but i think there nice, and ive seen some of them completely built, and they can be really nice cars the only problem is alot of kids get them and destroy them

That thing got the SHIT beat out of it though :rofl
on a daily basis

:gay

well its been a while since anything has been updated or posted… but some new things have been going on…

finally got the car lowered… its dropped on tokiko D-specs and eibach sportlines
its a 1.7 drop in the front and 2.3 in the rear…

also got new brake pads and rotors…

and also some HID’s
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/dan-518wc/6000KHIDsheadon.jpg

and as soon as i save up enough for a new intake manifold, injectors, and springs and retainers these can go in!!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/dan-518wc/compcams.jpg

thanks to jay and pete at Gearhead for all the work they’ve put into it!

so its been a long time since ive updated…
got rid of the srt-4 wheels finally… went to delaware to pick these up…
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/dan-518wc/nexos.jpg
not the best pic but took it when i was on my way back…

also im very happy that i tracked down an older style trunklid so i can get rid of that long light bar that it came with stock…

and in the mail i just got my new intake manifold, bigger injectors and the new fuel rail…
so as soon as i save up for valvesprings and tuning ill have the cams and everything in…

Sick dood!

Looks good dude… nice and clean. better than it started out, IMO.

But why injectors and fuel rail? Cams, and a tune are not going to crank out so much more power that bigger injectors and a bigger fuel rail will be needed… even with a bigger intake manifold. I would think on a 2.0L NA motor, cams, full exhaust and an intake manifold, tuned will make 25WHP more. And how exactly is it going to be tuned?

What injectors are stock? What fuel pressure? I will admit i know dick about yoru engine in particular, but I know factory injectors are not installed in cars and tuned from the factory so close to max duty cycle, that people add 15hp to them and they need to bump up an injector size.

ohh and is this an auto or standard trans?

want to get an idea for parastetic loss!