2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Now I’m not an expert at turbo induction by any stretch, but wouldnt it be in your best interest to seek air further away from manifold heat? Or is it more beneficial to have a shorter ram/filter mounted right to the turbo?

from a cost perspective, air filter wins where it is…jim explained to me that it is very expensive for the intake he wants.

Jim, buy welder

We will make you an intake

edit: Make sure the pipe you buy is 1/4 steel and the welder a stick… because thats the only thing I know how to weld with :rofl

Itll be heavy, but itll work!

Honestly, I don’t think having the air filter 2 feet further away will make much of a difference. Either way the air is getting cooked by the turbo and cooled by the intercooler.

$20 filter > $425 intake

The intake is simple. It’s the new battery tray and mini dry-cell battery required to fit the 4" intake under the hood.

ahh yea… fuckin whore… Hey just a thought…

Would it be possible to fab something up to take in air from the windshield vents? Granted as you said doesnt matter all that much but might be a little better?

IDK seems like a neat idea

jim, looks like a couple 4in 45* bends would fit, i don’t think synapse would charge 425 for an inlet pipe… and a nice big K&N filter at the end :slight_smile:

Yea I know they made an intake for stallmers kswap for like 150 or some thing

now thats useing your dipstick jimmy

i want to hit my head against the wall right about now.

Buy battery cable and battery box and move battery to trunk?

$125 and keep same battery. Then install whale penis intake

I have a K&N at my house chillin that has your name on it.

So much easier and cost effective to just jam a filter on and call it a day. Eventually I will do the lightweight dry cell and 4" intake, but it is what it is until I have extra cash to burn.

this pile is going to be slow

Scraping up the last few things I need to fire the car up…

• DiabloSport Trinity Programmer
  • Mailorder re-scale to compensate for new turbo and injectors
  • 45* 2.5" Silicone coupler
  • 10 2.5" T-bolt clamps
  • 180* T-stat (down from OE 195*)
  • Timing Belt Service (Gates Belt, OE Pump, DCR Manual Tensioner, PCI Idler)
  • A few more stainless braided lines from Shako
  • JMB ‘Stealth’ coolant overflow tank

Big thanks to Marisa’s dad for the Summit gift card he gave me for my birthday!

regarding the t bolt clamps, get a hold of JVG and tell him you want my spare ones… i took a bunch off of the sky’s i did intake’s on, the things are hardcore t-bolt clamps that would work perfect for you.

they look like this
http://www.eitrade.com/photo/Other-Medical-Equipment/Constant-Tension-T-Bolts-Spring-Loaded-81865.jpg

I already bought the t-bolts… :facepalm

Damn that blows…

aw man… I have a bunch too that I don’t need

espec is a badass tuner for the evos on stock ecu and aem, he just picked up tuning srt4’s… i dunno how helpful this is to you and he’s down in LI IIRC.
i’ve talked to him and hes a pretty cool/legit dude and a good tuner

cheesy video but oh well

I need to tune on a DiabloSport, so I can’t use him unless he is a CMR dealer. I picked the tuner in NC because he specializes in stock bottom E85 SRT’s. I may just get the re-scale and tweak it myself. I can only make +/- 10% adjustments on fuel and timing from the tune I am getting via email. Anything more will require to start from scratch or have it tuned by the guy in NC because it is locked to his shop.