2004 Spec V Dyno Results!

Cause I know have a new found love for my engine.

Nice man… :grrr Oh and I hate you…(j/k) I want Mods…

So buy em! At least you know I’ll be around to help you install and you won’t have to pay anyone to do it… :smiley:

And I do have Cams! Installed them myself. Could be why the car is vibrating itself to death… :E

So how you thought about removing the motor mount inserts then?

I was going to consider getting them, until I read some posts about vibration problems on b15sentra.net… No thanks, I don’t need that on my daily driver. It would probably drive me crazy.

I don’t particularily like them, no. You do get used to the vibration as normal, but the wheel hop without them is so incredibly bad that the increased vibration is actually worth it.

There is another option though, a company in the US is now making engine dampers - a little shock absorber that stops the motor from rocking past a certain point. Since you retain the stock MMI’s, the vibrations are gone but the wheel hop is quite reduced also. I believe they are listed for $75 USD. I’ll get you some more info if you’d like. :slight_smile:

Dude it’s not your motor mounts my car idles like it was stock now, it’s the cams you should have seen my car on the dyno from the cams I thought my car had become a bronco or a mustang… the horse not the vehicle, it was bucking like a mechanical horse.

So how did your idle smooth out then? I take it you haven’t taken your cams out?

I can’t see how cams would cause a vibration problem like that. A rough lumpy idle sure… but that shouldn’t cause the entire engine to vibrate… that’s weird.

Adjusting the fuel, just ask Stephen how crazy it was to see, cams in the spec NEED to be dyno tuned. and yes I still have the cams.

Funny - mine has run totally spot on since I installed them with no problems whatsoever, and I haven’t had mine tuned…

Yeah, it seems to me that if mild tuned cams are installed and run rough…then the timing must have been off or something??

Mild tune cams should drop right in without any tuning or anything shouldn’t they?

The JWT ones are more aggressive than the Nismo ones, JWT makes the nismo cams, It’s not that I noticed it ran rough, until it was strapped down to the dyno, the rear wheels will absorb a lot of the roughness. Anyways Most people know that the JWT cams have been causin problems (MCM codes) in the spec luckly Reg was able to finally solve all of the problems.

Well, from the specs that I read on the two cam sets, the JWT cams were only .002 degrees more aggressive on the intake and something like .004 on the exhaust - so they aren’t THAT far apart…

Anyway, nice to know your problems are solved! :smiley:

You’re right but nonetheless they are more aggressive, even if it’s not by a great margin :partyman:

Meh - you want agressive, go turbo! :E