2005 EVO MR

Agreed.

anyone know the right spark plugs I should be running and what to gap them at

My username came from this article:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/turp_0203_talon_mitsubishi_eclipse_dark_star/index.html

Not to be a dick darkstar but do you ever actually post anything useful , all I ever see are dickhead comments to try and start an argument if you have nothing that is helpful why are you even posting in this thread

I am posting useful tips. They’re just not tips that you want to hear. It’s not like I’ve tried to run a 400hp DSM as a daily driver. I definitely didn’t ever do that. I dont know anything about them in fact. They’re supercharged inline 6cyl’s, right?

I’ve had two 500bhp DSM’s as daily drivers with zero real problems. As long as they’re properly built and maintained it’s just as reliable as anything else. It’s not going to be as simple as a stock Honda, hop in and go, but it’s by no means unmanageable.

*As long as they’re properly built and maintained

yup, just like any other car

Hey man I have a set of NGK Iridiums for the Evo that are brand new. I wont be using I can sell you them I am almost certain they are a step colder plug as well. I can get you the number if you are interested in them.

Let me know

Dan

yup, just like any other car you’ve DOUBLED THE HORSEPOWER on.

Dan I pmd u

idk if its different for the evo but i run Ngk bpr8es 1 step colder plugs gapped at .28 i believe. Probably the same since the 4g63. i have an extra brand new set ill sell for 10 bucks since i never used them. They probably cost 10 dollars to order online but at least this way you wont have to wait for shipping :slight_smile:

holy sparkplug salesman

Yeah, I don’t tune other peoples cars. Travis might, but if I were him I wouldn’t want to take on the liability of a car that has been knocking for awhile.

Join evom and don’t visit any other forum than ecuflash. If you click on show and shine you will immediate be a moron. Just read and learn. DO NOT POST. All your questions can be answered by searching, and you will learn more that way anyways. Set yourself up with a cable ($100 or so), evoscan (free), and ecuflash (free) and you can tune away and fix any and all problems yourself.

So this is where you spend most of your free time then, I take it?

didn’t i weld an intercooler for you that exploded? or was that someone else?

Made an appointment with buschur for Monday

Cant go wrong IMO. Like I said though dont get dissapoointed with his Mustang “heartbreaker” dyno. The numbers wont be big , but the real world performance will.

The great thing about that Mustang dyno is that it has the ability to load the car properly. And David has so much experience with the Evo that it is damn near the same as the street load

good choice jason. they dont call him “the one” for nothing haha in all seriousness though i hope its not just the tune thats robbing you of power. you’re evo isn’t exactly high milage, but you have to question the integrity of an engine thats been knocking for so long

wow. just wow. :rofl: