2006 Silverado Service Airbag Light

My dad has a 2006 Silverado 2500. Yesterday the service airbag light went on. The truck has never been in a wreck at all or anything. We disconnected the battery and it stayed on when we reconnected it. Any ideas why it did this? Any quick fixes? Thanks guys.

check that there aren’t any seatbelts stuck (not retracted) and that all connectors under the seats are connected. other than that it will have to be checked with a scan tool that does airbag modules.

x2,i can read the codes if needed

probably a front end sensor.

if it does come up as a front end sensor check the harness in the left front wheel well around the frame rail first. the 2500s have a bad habit of breaking the wires in that area.

Ok, everything inside the truck looks fine. My uncle who is a mechanic said that the service airbag warning should flash when you first turn the truck on, and that should give you the code. He just doesn’t have the scan tool to actually read the codes. It flashes 6 times then stays on the 6th time. Not sure if that means anything to anybody or not. Hey Pewter, how much would you guys charge to read it? I may end up bringing it up to you. Thanks again.

i had an older one where the wires underneath the seat for the side airbad broke from moving the seat forward and backward too much. might be something to check.