2006 SOLO Schedule for WNY and FLR regions

WNY-SCCA Solo Race Schedule for 2006 and FLR-SCCA Solo Race Schedule for 2006 have been posted.

awwwww no Lake Erie SPeedway or Seneca Army Depot

What are you talking about? FLR will be running three events plus a test & tune at Seneca this year. WNY has not decided which FLR events will be our OOR points events yet, I’m sure one of them will be at Seneca.

Lake Erie Speedway was ok last year, but after going there twice I gave up hope that a really good course could be made there. It’s smaller than you think it is once you start laying out the course and you end up using 1st gear in places.

wow, 3 seneca events in the FLR region (some of which I imagine will count for OOR points for WNY as Brett metioned). /me runs to go install roll cage so I don’t fucking die. :slight_smile: j/k That place is nice though.

anyway, I really like how the schedules turned out between FLR and WNY. Very doable to run in both regions. /me starts saving for more tires.

Hopefully if things go as planned I will miss at least 5 events, my tenative schedule looks more like this…

http://www.nysrrc.org

Plus my school is the same as novice school and Event One. I need to go to FSAE comp for Event Three.

OUCH I didnt look at the FLR schedule my bad

im goin to try autox this year hopefully

yay… now I know when I should bring out the VW :slight_smile:
Watch out for the red rocket SM2 Guys LOL

:word: me too…

i’m gonna be rockin the old fashioned leather football helmet too…

Krylon Bloo SM Toreass > *

I’m so going to blow that tranny this year. But I’ll probably be saving up to go to the ubrf track day, as well as modding said toreass.:lol:

fixed.

i thought we were up to Snell 2000

95s are good until Jan 1st 2007. According to the Solo II rules the current year and two previous ratings are goood.

current year = 2005, two previous ratings = 2000 and 1995

I don’t like how Solo’s rules are written, but club racing rules they spell it out. 95 helmets are still good this year.

IMO it was dumb to require people to drive all that way to be eligible for the championship last year. (one LES of the two and one SEAD of the two)

Not that I am going to be eligible, or even make enogh events, or whatever but how are you doing points this year?

This also means I will not make every event to BBQ and supply water/soda. I will try to find a replacement but…

so… i want to try out auto cross… i have a bone stock 91 miata… is it alright to try it with… any mods i should make to it?

you might as well start off in a totally stock car.

The only thing I’d be sure to do is get a proper alignment. It makes a huge difference on a Miata. Go to Miata.net, and use Lanny’s specs, Icehawk’s specs, or something in between. I run an alignment pretty close to the Icehawk spec, but with a little less toe at the front and rear.

The other thing I can recommend is an upgraded front sway bar. It will make the car much more forgiving and will help eliminate inside rear wheelspin.

You certainly don’t have to do anything to the car to run, but those two things will make your experience a bit more pleasureable.

Being the end of the season though, just get out there and find out that you love it (you will). Then start looking towards next year. The alignment will help if you don’t mind spending the time or money. Bret gives good advice, I’ve driven his car and it is incredibly neutral, far more then my car or another supercharged miata i had the pleasure of spinning… i mean autocrossing once.