2007 NFL Draft

yeah but we got whats his name who hasnt had a punt blocked in like 15 years

Gardocki…I am so sick of hearing about that stat…he is solid but he cost too much…if this kid is good (I think he had 2 punts blocked last year)…he may be one of our coolest players if he lays dude’s out…haha

x2

i still cant believe moss is now a patriot.

there taking in all the trash lately

Who cares…Moss is a pussy…not as good as he is hyped

palko supposedly signed as a f/a with saints

Palko>Brees

Levi Brown (PSU) to Arizona in the 1st round. He’s a big dude doin big things so keep an eye out.

:hahano: :weak:

if you really looked into that stat then it wouldn’t be so impressive. One of the reason he has very few blocked punts is because he is a 2 step punter instead of the traditional 3 step punter. The Punt team also has a lot to do with protecting the punter during the punt so its not exactly “his” stat. Lastly, Mr. Gardocki has had punts blocked in his career, he has just been lucky enough to have them only partial blocked or have them still travel as far as the line of scrimmage. A blocked punt is only “blocked” if the ball stays behind the line of scrimmage. If I recall correctly he has had punts blocked, which were recovered by his kicking team and then carried beyond the line of scrimmage.

Tyler has to compete with 2 other back-ups in order to make the team.

The first is Jamie Martin, who is a 13 year veteran that has only started 8 games in his entire career. I mean experience is usually the bench mark for a good back-up but time in the league doesnt always equate to experience.

The other QB would be Jason Fife. He is a second year player out of, my favorite college program, Oregon. He has never started or played in a regular season game. His college career was above average but still nothing to write home about.

I would have to say that out of all the situations to be in this is a favorable one for Tyler. He would be learning an offense that takes into account a shorter QB with an average arm. As long as his decision making can sharpen to a PRO level, I think he has an outstanding chance to make the team.

Jimmy

from saintsinsider.com

Tyler Palko

STRENGTHS
Decision-making
Field Vision
Intangibles

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Arm Strength
Running Ability / Mobility
Size

A left-handed passer who’s been a true field general in college, Palko’s leadership and intangibles make him an asset as a clipboard holder.

Pros:

Productive, take-charge college quarterback with marginal upside for the next level. Patient, buys time for receivers and quickly gets the ball out of his hands. Displays a sense of timing and puts touch on throws when necessary. Surveys the defense and shows a good sense of knowing where his receivers are.

Neg:

Undersized, cannot withstand the rush and will force the ball into double coverage when pressured. Lacks arm strength and cannot drive the ball downfield or zip the outs.

william gay? :bowrofl:

ya, i agree. im pretty confident he can beat out Martin…atleast eventually. i dont know too much about that Fife guy, but i’m hopin he can beat him out too. i think he has good mobility, i dont understand why they say its a negative of his. i always thought he was pretty good at evading the rush and scrambling (considering our O-line was nothing special at all, and he was doing it often).

Who cares about Palko now, talk steelers! I still think they need a big short yardage running back, damn defensive minded coaches!

i believe they need a new quarterback that can handle being a team leader and not just another player on the field.

you don’t think ben is a team leader :nuts:

Nope. I dont believe he is a good team leader. He does not seem to believe in himself or the decisions he makes enough to lead a team.

You are crazy. KA-RAY-ZEE