2008 Hyundai Genesis

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123979

375 horsepower luxury car for 30k doesn’t sound to bad to me.

They’ve definitely come a long way.

How is Hyundai as far as warranty work? Any first hand experience?

I don’t want this to sound like a stereotype, but based on several Korean projects at work, they want everything for nothing.

I’ve personally never had a dealership experience minus when I got my timing belt done, but they seem to be very well.

Looks liek a really nice car.

Not feeling that grill. Looks like the Mercedes grills that didn’t pass quality control were put on that car.

They should really consider making a “luxury” brand like honda, nissan, and toyota have done with acura, infiniti and lexus. The hyundai econo-namesake is the only thing hurting that car.

other then the sonota’s the rest of the cars seem to be pretty decent. i just tow a million sonota’s and the metal is grade A CRAP. the front lower A arms are rusting out and breaking like its a bad ball joint but really its just that the whole ball joint is just not attached to the rest of the A arm.

dealer work that i have seen is pretty much top notch they have no problem taking cars in that are within miles/time. but thats just at bowser in pleasant hills that i really deal with. everyone that i know that i tow likes the service men up there.

kelly’s in butler gave my brother a whole bunch a shit about his 2004 tibouron sunroof leaking…it got so bad it ruined the air bag sensors under the seats and they still gave him a bunch a crap about fixing it. It really depends on the dealership.

i heard cochran isnt the greatest at warrenty work also

agreed, they have “fixed” my saab like 4 times now. There is still a vibration coming from the motor.

I seen the commercial during the superbowl and said “holy shit!”

yeah exactly my reaction. but kolar prob has the right idea to make a new luxury name for those cars. hyundai name is prob gonna hurt it. but damn that is nice car for the money though

i agree with this. i was really surprised that car was the new hyundai. they’re definitely headed in the right direction and i’ll be interested to see what else they produce in the future.

still…the name just kills it for me.

I agree that the name hurts them. Part of the reason to get a 7 series is because…it’s a 7 series! That being said, it’s still a hella nice car, and they will be cheap as balls in 3 years. Sign me up. Is it a V8?

**edit…it’s a V8 and I just read an article that said it’s supposed to do 60 in under 6 seconds. That’s sick. I wonder if there will be performance upgrades and mean sounding exhausts coming out for it?

In the second post of this thread right underneath the picture of the engine start button theres a shot of the motor. It says v6 on the valve cover. :dunno: maybe it will be offered with different engines for different models?

Nice looking car, like previously stated the name will hurt them. When VW launched the Phaeton people said the same thing, why pay for a 80k VW?

I will probably drive one this summer. My brother had an Elantra a few years back and if I remember correctly he had a so/so time with the dealership on warranty work.

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2007/04/13/12Genesis2_m_m.jpghttp://www.wintonsworld.com/cars/a-cars-2007/car-pics-07/lexus-ls-460-3.jpg
ok, now which one is the hyundai and which one is the lexus LS?

the white one is the hyundai… IMG tags > you.

Hyundai steals every car companys look. They need to do there own thing. I worked at a hyundai dealership last year. All they cars had to be help at 2800 rpm for five min to get the engines to stop ticking. Plus they have no resale value what so ever. Not a fan at all.

Shouldn’t have to look at tags to get my point.