2008 Wilson Circuit Time Trial events, mark your calendars!

So I’m now the director of time trials for 2008 :burnout: I’m happy to announce that next year we’ll be running Wilson circuit events on 6/15 and 8/10. These are the Sundays of the two BeaveRun club racing event weekends that SCR is putting on. Running at the same time the club racing folks are on the north track saves us a little money on ambulance & crew rental, which helps to make these events financially feasible.

We may also add another date or two, I’m leaning towards during three. However we are out of club races to piggyback off of, so we’ll see. Check out the reviews and pictures from the event we had back on 9/2.
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37991

But for now, 6/15 and 8/10 are firm at this point, confirmed by BeaveRun. We should be signing the contracts in the next week or two. We’re also looking into the possibilty of picking up a few sponsers this year. Mainly to give out small awards for things like “Fastest FWD”, “Fastest fendered car”, “Fastest open wheel”, “Fastest on street tires”, etc. So if anyone on here would be interested in that feel free to contact me. Hope to see more people out this year!

Chris-

You know I’m in for this coming season. Woot.:ugh2:

Does this include karts also?

Nice goign chris,

I will sure make it this year, my suspension should be going on in the next week or 2, can’t wait, already marked on the calendar.

Sorry just read the rules…bummer…No karts.

The karts were discussed since we have a few guys that autox who run them. But the rules and especially the insurance don’t take karts into account. On the bright side there are close to 100 or so karting events on that track yearly so if you want on the track thats a non-issue.

If anyone else could cross post the dates on any other boards of interest I’d appreciate it! If anyone else wants to check out the discussion over on RPA.
http://www.racepa.com/content/index.php?topic=5620.0

Can’t wait!! I went to the second one last year and had a blast! I have a
feeling these are going to get popular, I will be doing both of them this
year!!

My have to hit both of these this year and my have a surprise car to do it…

Matt

Online registration for the time trials is now open!

http://www.steelcities-scca.org/TimeTrials/results.asp

Its been open for less than 24 hours and its already picked up 20 cars (60 limit). If you dont want to do the online thing you can also download a mail in form off the link above and mail it in with your payment.

how did i miss this before? i’ll have to look into this more. how much does this cost? thanks chris.

*edit:

Classing and safety requirements are based off SCCA autox classing. Minimal safety requirements are a SN95 helmet, a long sleeved shirt and long pants. Open cars in any class must have at least a rollbar and arm-restraints. Closed cars in Prepared or Modified must have at least a rollbar. Closed cars (including convertible, sunroof, t-top, and targa-top cars with factory hard tops in place) in Stock through Street Modified DO NOT require any extra safety gear beyond normal autox prep.

just so i’m reading this correctly, i do not have to have a roll bar, correct? it says cars in modified need them, but then it states that cars in SM do not require them. me so confused. damn me and my lack of interior.

It would be cool to coordinate one these along with a Flat Out day. :slight_smile:

Jeff - Stock, Street Prepared, and Street Mod (thats you) do not need a roll bar. Mod and prepared are considered above the classes I just mentioned hence they need the extra safety prep.

Eric - Actually if this year goes well, we might do a 3rd time trial out on the North course. We found out we can run the North course at beaver and still label the event as a “Level 2” time trial for safety purposes. The two TT’s this year are already piggy backing off the two SCCA road races at beaverun this year. So we’ll have to wait and see. Though I expect the turnout for the North course time trial to be alot lower just because there is a higher risk factor and you can get more seat time at a open lapping day.

what is this day on the wilson circuit going to cost us?

Chris,

I signed up once again, I went to the last one in sept. and it was a blast!
I’m hooked! For my class I put not sure, I think basically I would be in
street mod, but don’t have r compounds so I’m affraid I might be slow in the
pod, I’m probaly more like stu time wise. Looks like a good evo turn out again!

Mike

If your a SCCA member its $75, and if your not you gotta get the weekend membership thingy which bumps it up to $90. I tried to get it knocked back a little for this year, but the event is still new for the most part that wasn’t doable. All the supplementals are tagged on the post below

http://www.racepa.com/content/index.php?topic=5620.msg87213#msg87213

Mike - the pods are based more off speed than classes. The SCCA classes just assure that a car has the correct amount of saftey modications for its prep. You do any mods since last year? If your time is pretty close to last years I’ll be sticking you in a pod with a bunch of Evo’s anyways hehe.

Chris,

Some power mods were added most being from Cams, so I am making more
power. I don’t know however if I will be any faster as I was already hitting
redline in second in a few areas so now not sure if I’ll have to use 3rd.
Which can hurt me just as easy as help me. I guess we could start off in
the evo pod as we were all pretty close last year, I would say with-in 1 to
1.5 seconds of each other!

Signed up…No surprise car deal fell through for Evo VI TME …Bringing STi just think my turbo may be a little too big for Wilson Track but we will see looking forward to this.

Just not sure what the hell class I would be in with all my shit

Matt

Matt - If you don’t mind you can PM me your mods (yes all of them lol). I’ll get you squared away.

Just for everyones info, the daily event schedule.

7:00 AM to 8:00 AM - Late Registration and Tech in pit area.
8:30 AM to 9:00 AM - Novice Meeting (MANDATORY for anyone not at a previous TT event!)
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM - Driver’s Meeting MANDATORY
9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Practice by groups
1:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Competition by groups

I maybe wrong but I think will both be in Street Mod right Chris?