Time Attack at BEAVER RUN! (no longer @ Mid Ohio)

cross posted from another forum:

Hi all,

RedlineTrackEvents is proud to announce the next Redline: Time Attack! to be held at California Speedway’s interior road course in Fontana, CA on March 4 & 5, 2006. The Redline: Time Attack! is bringing one of Japan’s classic motorsports events to eager American tuners ready to prove their tuning skills and driving prowess in a race against the clock. Many of the strongest names in American and Japanese tuning will be on-hand to test their might. Most importantly, a wide range of classing allows cars to compete in any level of tune to enter into competition with cars of similar specification, so the challenge is open to anybody and everybody who is willing to take the bragging rights at this inaugural motorsports event.
The California
Speedway interior road course closely matches the best Time Attack circuits run in Japan. It’s 13 turns, 1.6 mile course is perfect for our first California based Redline: Time Attack!

Go to: http://redlinetimeattack.com/index.html for more into about our classing system and registration for this event.

All racers are welcome! We have a place for daily driven street cars to full blown professional class race cars.
A test and tune is available on Saturday, March 4th for addition open track time for anyone. There will be ample track time for anyone seeking open track time without racing. For more info on open track events, please visit:
http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/

We held our first Redline: Time Attack! on November 6th following the SEMA show at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. We had a great turn out and with the media exposure we receive form the G4 TV show “Street Fury” and magazine coverage from Modified Magazine, I’m sure we’ll have a very successful 2006 season. For more info on our last Time Attack, you can go here to see some of the highlights:
http://www.modified.com/events/articles/13-410163.html

This is the first of many Redline: Time Attacks to be held across the country.
Our 2006 season will be held at:
Mar. 4th-5th – California Speedway
NEW DATE: May 13-14 – Beaver Run Motorsports Complex
Sep. 22nd-24th – Summit Point, West Virginia
Dec. 2nd-3rd – Buttonwillow Raceway, California
Hope to see you at the track!
Thanks,
Chris Willard

i think i’m gonna go check it out, would anyone else be interested?

Yessssss. Maybe I can have my car done by then…

ROAD TRIP ANYONE???

Possiblity. I’ll have to see what my vacation schedule is like.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

my vacation time does start over on march 22…

I’m down. :tup:

you should make a Meets post with this. It would be cool to have a whole lot of NYSpeed peeps making the trip. I’d enter if my car had a rollcage, just to do it.

Dauym! Almost no chance my car will be ready by then. I guess theres always next year. :frowning:

Is it just me or do the rules seem to be fairly vauge. I see nothing about suspension/etc rules in street or modified. Just what harnesses must be used and no replacement glass, etc. I’d be interested in going if I have my car setup by then, but classing seems to be a bit of a joke, like I could almost bump my car to the “street” category with a few changes.

Classing system is pretty lame and more typical of a ricer organization rather than a real sanctioning body… :roll: I’ll pass on this one and wait for an SCCA or NASA event.

My car is pretty much ready to go (except I’d need to change my alignment to something a little less twitchy) but I’m not going to go and have to run against StEvos… and before you say “just go to have fun”, fuck that. If I go, I’m going to compete. Because competition is my definition of fun.

Yeah it appears as though I could throw a glass hatch back on my car and run in the street car category. Which would hardly be fair.

my car wont be ready till may

ill go to watch and drives skunks car after :snky: is done

I think that was done on purpose. To mimic time attacks in Japan, I think. Over there, it’s just, run what you brung. Tuners build cars, they run at Tskuba, best time gets bragging rights. They always played loose and fast.

I think rules as we know them (for SCCA for instance) would kill the spirit and the flow. Plus this way it is easier for the average guy to participate.

I won’t tell if you won’t tell :slight_smile: DO IT! :tup:

yep rick is right, its to mimic the time attacks of japan. and yea i’ll make a thread in the meets forum so we can get a lil caravan going :tup:

Explains why this thread is getting so many hits.

But seriously, $200 for only 1 day :eek:. Only 5 cars on the track at a time, and I am guessing the limited passing applies (so only on straights). With that system you would only get two sessions if 120 cars show up. I’m guessing more show up too, maybe not.

So that’s $200 for 10 hot laps, $20 per lap. :biglol:

Yeah right. For $120 you get 5+ solid hours of track time @ Nelson Ledges, for $165 you can get 5 or so 20 minute sessions @ Beaver Run. Also you have the opportunity to learn with an instructor. I guess they may have the same for the Friday and Saturday schedule practice days at $180.

For $200 I would expect 2 days of wheel to wheel racing: 2) 15 lap qualifiers and 2) 20 races plus a couple practice sessions.

It’s your money, but I would recommend going with a different event for the noobs. Bring a stop watch with you if you need to know your times.

i’m going to watch and see what shows up :gotme: i find it funny how u complain that no one takes motorsports seriously enough locally, somthing like this comes up and people show interest, yet u still find a way to bash it. make up your mind

Whatever,

I was just pointing out the fact you would probably only get 10 laps at most on the Sunday event. I was just pointing out the value per dollar factor and that there are many better options out there. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

Just trying to save you a buck :frowning:

nah i do agree actually on the price, i’m looking at trying to get to beaverun at some point this summer. i think i just kinda took your post the wrong way after that opening quote… no hard feelings lol i just thought that it would still be a good event to go to and just hang out and whatnot. and if someone wanted to run their car, even better

You guys have never seen a time attack. There is no “limited passing” bullshit. It’s balls to the wall.

They limit the laps because they have a crapload of cars that enter. Tuner shops like Top Secret, Amuse, Blitz, etc make there name off of Time Attacks. It’s how they prove their cars and their products. It looks like the tuner companies here will be doing the same. You’ll be seeing AMS, Buscher, etc. etc. all coming to these things to run. It will be a great venue. Probably why they are charging so much, because they know you will get exposure. It’s not really geared for grassroots motorsports. This is a stage where the tuner companies can show what they have. It’s also an opportunity for the average guy tuning his own car, to “run with the big dogs” and get a benchmark comparison to the shop cars. If he/she does well, who knows, they make a name for themselves/bragging rights.

Be top dog on Time Attack Sunday, sell your EMS controll system and exhausts to the masses on Monday.

YES!!!
this is awesome.
sticky this…