***2009 BUFFALO BILLS SEASON THREAD*** Poll is up until after Game 1!!!

great opinion piece:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11471208/rss

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AT YOU GUYS!!!

Huh? My logic is everyone saying him and marshawn lynch are gonna go to strip clubs and pull guns on people and get arrested :picard:

T.O is a lil church boy raised by his grandmother from the south

For anyone saying his Ego is terrible and out of control…I want to know how old you are.

Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley, Cornelius Bennett had some of the most insane out there egos you could imagine.

The only difference with T.O. is the media coverage and internet blogs and opinion pieces on him came to define who he is.

I have watched inside the NFL where he is a true leader in the lockerroom and from what I could tell watching the clips, had the respect of his coaches and fellow players.(atleast when things were going well)

If he blows up on us, then its just another bad move and year down the shitter.

If he catches TD’s and makes plays and opens the offense up as I predict he will, then who knows what can happen for this team.

:clap: yessssssss

No, their egos are not the same, don’t even try and compare them.

^meh, they are fairly comparable…

However, the off field antics any of Kelly, Reed, Talley, & Thomas (during their playing days here) were FAR worse then TOs now.

They didn’t exatly get along very well in the locker room either. This is pretty well documented.

On the topic of Lynch, since he just plead guilty to that gun charge and is going to be receiving probation- isn’t he going to be suspended by the Nfl now?

They suspend people in the NFL?

OMG, THERE’S A SLIGHT POSSIBILITY THAT T.O. MIGHT JOIN NYSPEED!

I just saw an interview from last week that said “I want to go to a large city in a warm climate” :roflpicard:

so my initial reaction when i heard about TO signing with the bills was “omg this is not going to end well” , if evans was already complaining last year about not getting the ball enough now throw TO into the mix who complains even when he gets 10 looks/game. basically, that can’t be good for a young qb like trent.

but the more i thought about it, what the hell do the bills have to lose? lets face it, NE and Miami got better, the Jets (i wont say as a team got better, depends on their qb situation) Defense got MUCH better, so the Bills were quite possibly looking at a last place finish in the division anyways, why not go out and grab a guy like TO for a year and if it doesn’t pan out, who cares? IF anything it should make for great entertainment, and if things DO work out then we should be in for a nice show on offense for the first time in ~7-8 yrs

Evans has been the Bills' No. 1 receiver, but is he now?    
      That will be a debate in Buffalo hotter than any damn wing sauce.

made me lol

lol brude smith and thurman thomas had some of the biggest ego’s i have ever scene. They started more shit and party’d harder in the laet 80’s early 90’s then TO could do in a lifetime. Theres a reason why we lost all 4 super bowls, and it wasnt because they were staying in there hotel room studying plays all night long before the big game.:picard:

People make a huge deal about players not attending training camp or practices, well i dont think bruce smith ever attended any. Atleast he performed on the field though, which we have yet to see with peters.

This is a win win situation for the Bills. T.O. not only provides another quality weapon for Trent Edwards but he also brings national coverage to the Bills. If he blows up on the team and we miss the playoffs than oh well; he walks at the end of the year along with Jauron. He’s playing on a one year contract for a reason and that is too get another large multi-year contract next offseason! T.O. has something to prove and playing on a one year deal will keep his mind on the field and not trying to take over the locker room. This is an audition for T.O. and hopefully it’s a successful one!

As for the contract (1yr 6.5 million with $4m guaranteed); I’d rather pay Owens than Derrick Dockery (now released), Chris Kelsay, or Langston Walker, all of whom make similar money! Hell Lavorneus Coles signed for 4 years and $28 million even though only a third of that was guaranteed!

:clap:

+100000

First off to everyone saying he will disrupt the locker room, what locker room? There is no team atmosphere with the Bills and hasn’t been since the Kelly years. The players rarely, if ever, do anything with one another outside of the stadium. We do not have a veteran team leader or any team leader for that matter. We do not have big name players for the most part.

This will essentially end up as TO’s team for the season. He has nobody to compete with like he did in Dallas or Philly where they were other big name stars in large market teams.

IMO this is a great fit for him and might actually make most of his nonsense go away.

I figure he’s just using the Bills to clean up his image. If he goes to a team like the Bills and doesn’t cause any problems a “good” team may become interested in him and pay him the big $$.

i totally forgot to add that, so true!

In the end it is a high risk high reward type of move

Not to mention Cornelius “Butt Raping” Bennett.

Hitler is not a fan of the TO signing