***2009 BUFFALO BILLS SEASON THREAD*** Poll is up until after Game 1!!!

he brought him here, because he got confused and thought it was 1999 and the 49’ers had cut him loose.

yea im thinking the same, hes here more for marketing reasons. but he will make a good impact on the feild but its going to be overheard by his off the feild actions and presence.

so i HEARD

TRADE FOR JAY CUTLER?? :gotme:

I heard LT is coming to town… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL @ the hitler thing…much better than I thought it would be.

Best last line ever.

Come on Jason Taylor and Roy Williams. I wish

rOY wILLIAMS WOULD BE NICE.

tAYLOR IS OVERRATED, AND SCREW HIM SO LONG AS sCHOBEL IS HEALTHY

I rarely agree with you ever when it comes to sports but this was my exact reaction lol.

OH AND BTW…

Idk if this was posted yet, but for all of you worrying about Edwards, here’s some food for thought.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/08/offseason/index.html

"How about T.O.?‘’
Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards, the quarterback of the Bills. "How about T.O.?‘’ That’s all it said.
Brandon shot back with this: "?‘’
"T.O. was released. Go get him,‘’ Edwards texted back.
Brandon still seemed surprised when I spoke to him late Sunday. "I went back to sleep,‘’ he said, "but I was stunned by it. The next morning, [coach] Dick Jauron and I talked, and he said, ‘I think it’s something we certainly should take a look at.’ I put a call into [owner] Ralph Wilson, and he said, ‘Absolutely look into it.’

Also… idk if this was ever mentioned either as I haven’t read back though this entire thread but, one interesting thing to note is that Owens has never been paired up next to another “world class” receiver before.

He can definitely be a good player (although I have never been a fan) and we all know how he has bitched in the past about not getting the ball, but imagine how effective he could be with Evans as the other wideout.

Everyone is looking at this as a “he’ll take the attention off of Evans”… what about the other way around??? What if this is a slightly watered down Bolden/Fitzgerald combination???

"How about T.O.?‘’

Oh, thats fucking awesome. The kid has a brain in there afterall. :tup:, assuming thats how it went down.

ehh, i like evans alot and he had a ton of ability… IDK if i’d rank evans as a world class or top tier reciever.

Damned close, yes. Admittedly it’s tough to gauge because ever since he started showing up in the numbers he has been subject to special attention from most every secondary.

Interesting point…

That is how it went down apparently. Got a few words in with him today and he had the biggest grin on his face when talking about playing with him.

T.O was paired up with todd pinkston and freddy mitchell for a bit (wtf happened to them lol) and they benefitted greatly, and they sucked compared to evans lol

:lol: I was dieing at the last line.

Terry Glenn, Roy Williams, Jerry Rice?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2009/03/08/f030803A.jpg

ughhh, is it august yet""":smiley:

Roy Williams for how long?

Jerry Rice at what part of his career?

Whats a Terry Glenn?

Im gonna say that where Evans is in his career right now, he crushes Glenn and Rice as far as quality goes at those times in their careers (and remember, we dont even think we have seen what Evans can do yet). I guess he did stay pretty stagnant as far as numbers goes for that 2/3 of a season with Williams :confused:

Thats just my take.

Rice was putting up record setting seasons when he was playing with T.O, when Young was the Q.B :gotme:

we should get tony gonzalez