2009 Smithton rally cross schedule

The first one is me and the second is Sailor in his civic.

You need to try to make it down to Summit with your car.

We were going to use the gravel part this time, but it was a pretty long straight the would have only been longer. Hit me up with your idea on pm or text. I have some ideas for new courses also I want to start doing.

Here are the results for the 4.11 race. Good times and good weather. We made a 4 run group class since some guys showed up late, some first time guys got a little lost and the spec vw class had engine issues.

Video and photos from the event are here - http://rallyeast.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13

The demo derby worth going to tomorrow ? ( compact )

http://www.smithtonhole.com/2009_schedule.html

I’ve never been to one there, but I’d guess HELL YEAH!!! Take a 6’er and what do you have to loose?

I meant spectating

I haven’t been to a demo derby since the late 80’s but it was blast… course back then I wouldn’t have been able to bring a 6er with me…

your 6er is different meaning then my 6er foz :rofl:

So did I, but maybe after 4 or 5 of them 6’ers you’d be asking for a co drive!

Also, looked at a possible new rental car for the Hole. It’s an auto, but it should be fun none the less.

so there was talk of maybe reschedule because of the TN rally

is it still a go for this weekend or no?

do we have any rental cars running yet?

whats entry fee again? i forget.

im good for this saturday or next btw i just want to clarify.

It’s still on. I’m doing Rally Tn and Jon is co driving for me, but found another team to crew with.

Entry fee is $30 and I’m not sure about the rental, but I want to say yes. Sailor will know for sure.

I’m sure they could use an extra hand so roll down there early if you can. People will be there around 2 or 3 and running starts at 6.

rental dsm should will be ready for this weekend. im capping the number of drivers to 4 @ 50 a head. it is getting the brakes and exhaust fixed today and will be ready to go.

as for who gets to rent it, 1st come 1st serve. so show up early if you want to run it.

as far as car turnout this wekeeknd, im optimistic about it. being a holiday weekend, i have a feeling it will be a low car turnout which means more seat time.

Sat’s the daughter’s birthday party – I won’t make it… but even if I need to run the Magnum I’ll be out in June!

ya

saturdays the next race. who’s coming out?

im going to try… we shall see.

The chance of rain is making the 20th event iffy, so pm me your phone number if you are planning on making a trip out. We’ll make a call as early as possible, but obviously want to get it in.

Just got the text from Sailor, Saturdays race is cancelled.

ok, next race is this saturday. hopefully the rain stays away. i swear it seems that the entire summer is a drought unless a rally
cross is scheduled…

If everything goes well this will be my first one :slight_smile:

track is in good shape, wa there this evening. we are on to race saturday the 25th.