200SX ideas..

Hey, Im kinda new with this Nissan stuff, I own an Acura autocross/street car and Ive got some questions. I found a car down the road for sale, its a Nissan 200SX RWD Turbo, red in colour and it looks to be mid 80’s. I do a lot of autocross and fell in love with Hatchies and Corolla GTS’s, but I saw this thign and fell in love. The kdi only wants like $500 for it and it still is in good running condition. Is there any kind of swap I can do to make this car faster, I know SR20DET is nice, but its so much to install in my area…

let me know…

CA18DET…

That car (if turbo) is a SOHC non-intercooled version of the CA18.

a CA18DET would probably be easier to wedge in, cost less and still provide decent power :wink:

tune the ca18et

and join
http://www.club-s12.org/board/

And hit me up on there … same screen name

We’ve got some ca18dets in S12s in Toronto.

These things better not go through the same AE86/S13 retardation.

I like my cheap cars cheap.

damn no edit function

Yes it is mid 80s, there’s only 2 versions of the S12, the MKI and the MKII.

MKI 84-86.5
MKII 87-88

you can spot the difference easiest by the grille/front end

MKIs have the corner lights under the flip ups

MKII grilles run completely from side to side

MKIIs are better from a performance standpoint, but MKIs are no slouches either.

CA18ET can be tuned to 200 whp on the stock fuel system with minor mods.

haha all I know is that its a hactchback, rwd and its turbo. what I dont know is the motor and year of the car or reliability of a newer stronger motor…

Where you planning on getting the SR20 and putting it in your self? or get some one to install it.

I did one of these swaps before. Getting the motor in was not that bad. You have to take out the stock front engine mounts. After that the front engine mounts from the SR line up but you have to modify the s13 tranny mount(comes with most motors) Than you have to take the drive shaft to a shop to get it shortened. The in car wiring is a total different story. The speedometer wont work because the s12 has a cable driven speed sensor. The sr’s is electronic. The tach im not sure about. I think it would probably be best to make a custom gauge cluster.