2010 370Z

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all hail the 370z

Don’t bet on it. That’s a photo/illustration of the 2010/2011 240SX. REAR WHEEL DRIVE.

Road & Track Cliff Notes:
While some at Nissan have hinted the 240SX successor will be powered by the company’s trusty 2.0-liter inline-4, we’re now getting reports of a new engine, one with about 1.5 to 1.6 liters of displacement, complete with a small turbocharger.
According to insiders, this small engine, equipped with VCR PCS, can produce up to 225 bhp.

As for the handling of the 240SX successor, it will incorporate a similar independent suspension setup to the 370Z and Infiniti G37 Coupe. Nissan hopes to keep the price right around $20,000 and beat the Toyota/Subaru sports car to the U.S. market. Expect the car to arrive in 2010 as a 2011 model.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=6890

Apparently Nissan is also working on some sort of successor to the 240sx. Turbo’d I4, rwd, and supposedly <20k.

while these are all nice, i hope to be shopping for a 911 by the time these cars come out.

I’ve been tentatively looking at 911s in the low 30k range. I am scared of upcoming maintenance costs though.

God… 10 years later and they will only offer the same amount of power it went out with (in Japan obviously) at 225. That plus the added weight from safety standards does not make this all that appealing other than the price tag (which im sure will not stay at below $20k)

^ haha

it very well could be 20k. They want to compete with the pending 2011 sport coupe from suby/toyota…which will be around the same price for the starter model. 2200 lbs.

More:
The boxer engine will be an updated 175-horsepower version of Subaru’s normally aspirated 2.0-liter flat-4, with the potential to add a more powerful 300-hp turbocharged unit as well as all-wheel drive. The Subaru and Toyota variants will share some sheet metal, but will feature distinctive front and rear styling

i’d swap out the bullshit motor it comes with and stick a VQ or an SR in there… i wonder if they will be in teh $15k range “sans engine.”

I will bet my first born child that the car doesn’t even come close to that number :roflpicard:

don’t blame the messenger.
googlenet rumors have been wrong before. i wouldn’t be surprised if thing wound up with 4 doors and 3rd row seating by the time they’re done with it.

car was unveiled in the new Need for Speed game:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-370z.html

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/imageresizeronfly/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/content/august2008/370z-2.jpg&w=1024

dear nissan, KEEP IT!

the outgoing s15 had 250 bhp on stock boost :mamoru: nissan

yeah, really not that impressive

I would gladly buy a “new” 2001 s15. it wouldnt fit the new fugly coporate styling but I think it looks better than anything nissan puts out right now.

edit: also, the only thing that 240sx concept has in common visually with an s13/s14 is the fact its a 2 door…
im suprised there isnt a mazda badge on the front

Yeah… I really do like it!

I seriously might end up trading my roadster in for a coupe after they work out all of the “first model year” bugs.

Awesome awesome. THIS version has Z written all over it. Big :tup:

I would like to see a photoshop with the car lowered a little bit and with an old-school style splitter under the front bumper, and with a spoiler.

I’m a fan

love the body lines. Looks a lot like an old 240/280. I like this a lot and was never a fan of the 350 at all.