2010 AE86

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:35,topic:33285"”]

Can you list a few names for me? I really can’t think of any.

[/quote]

FJ cruiser, the throw back to the Land Cruiser FJ body code

[quote=“66impalass,post:41,topic:33285"”]

FJ cruiser, the throw back to the Land Cruiser FJ body code

[/quote]

Okay, but that’s not even a popular vehicle. I don’t think naming it the FJ cruiser really did much for its sales.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:39,topic:33285"”]

However you have to admit, calling it that for now will draw quite a bit of attention for the car. Or a lot of free advertising before a name is settled.

[/quote]

I dunno fuzzy.

How many people know what the ae86 is besides the “young n hip crowd”

Or car nerds/drift nerds/anime nerds?

Still, It is going to rule and could be a super fun car to own (bye bye miata)

And I don’t think flipups meet dot regulations (sorry)

But if they sell this for >15xxx
The aftermarket will be silly for it.

ya but flip ups meet badass regulations, lets see if the miata makes it to 2010, you may buy something else before then.

You slap toyota on it, sell it for cheap and tell everyone it gets good gas milaege and all the old ladies/men will buy this thing

that is correct, flip ups do not meet dot regs since the 2005 model year

FJ not a popular car? lol they are still popular today, and almost impossible to get your hands on one, cause most of the people that own them wont sell them for your first born…

when they were talking about bringing them back , i talked to problaby 10 people a day asking when it was coming in and all the details on it

meh i think the new 86 will be a hot seller

Now they just have to bring back the Celica in rwd format and retro the supra from the mid 80s :slight_smile: Either way it looks like Toyota is finally going to have some fun attracting cars around 2010.

nice

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:42,topic:33285"”]

Okay, but that’s not even a popular vehicle. I don’t think naming it the FJ cruiser really did much for its sales.

[/quote]

Ford TAURUS

Chevy IMPALA, MONTE CARLO

Dodge CHARGER

etc

had to post this pic

My pants just exploded, litterally in a ball of flame.

half of those will wind up totalled in a ditch

[quote=“Superium,post:47,topic:33285"”]

Toyota is finally going to have some fun attracting cars around 2010.

[/quote]

It’s about friggin time too.

They went thru a period where they only offered boring bland FWD dailys. Looks like they are finally going to offer some fun performance orientated cars again!

update article

The test mule reportedly utilizes a Impreza platform with a 2.0-litre flat four and ‘rear wheel drive friendly’ double wishbone rear suspension set up. In order to keep costs under the ¥2,000,000 ($AU19,500) mark, and weight below the 1100kg mark Toyota/Subaru will lean towards a 1.5-litre horizontally opposed four pot motor to power the production version of the new AE86.

If that’s true, I will probably buy one. No joke, and I hate toyota.

Word for word what I said to cuz when I read that.
I love that flat four.

2,000,000 Japanese yen = 18,718 U.S. dollars
1,100,kilograms = 2,425 pound
$18,718 + 2,425 pounds + Flat four + RWD = Awesome

I like it.

I do not like the updated style in the article. I mean the AE86 title is nice, but ultimatly if the style doesn’t fit the legacy of the title. then its just not worth it. the original concept was amazing.

wait a min… am i missing something here?

are you guys really jizzing over a 2425lb, 1.5L car??? i mean if that one image is correct, 110ps is only 108.5hp.

in my book, thats really lame. looks cool, but it looks like its going to be really slow. and since its going to be brand new, making more power and not voiding the warranty is going to be a lesson in futility. the price better be amazing.

Ill be the last to jump on the RWD bandwagon. i could care less about that stuffy “proper drivers car” bs, im satisfied with the cars i own. but there seems to be alot better cars out there than this if you want lightweight RWD though. cars that actually have a bit of power under the hood. the only 1.5L RWD car id want is a R5 turbo II. :shrug:

Brian

^ the car is def not for everyone, but as for my liking, so far everything is adding up