2010 AE86

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:20,topic:33285"”]

It’s not like the AE86 was such a hit when it first came out :gotme:

And it didn’t really help the GTO :slight_smile:

[/quote]

AE86’s are incredibly popular/wanted nowadays and with the competitive pricing that Toyota seems to be putting on them, they should sell like hotcakes.

GTO sales failed for entirely different reasons.

pimp, if they keep it RWD, I’d actually gasp consider buying one. I like the lines of it alot

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:21,topic:33285"”]

GTO sales failed for entirely different reasons.

[/quote]

true… over priced, and did a less than stellar job marketing them. Alot of people that aren’t car guys do a double take wondering WTF it is

I think GM STILL has new ones sitting on the lots :tdown:

Rocking a 1.5 and being so light the thing is going to be rev happy, good on gas and fun to drive.
Huzzah

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:21,topic:33285"”]

AE86’s are incredibly popular/wanted nowadays and with the competitive pricing that Toyota seems to be putting on them, they should sell like hotcakes.

[/quote]

My point is that they should have no problems selling them as an AExx<----numbers of choice. The wiki that I quoted explains why it was numbered with the ‘86’; it makes no sense to use it on a new car.

I will only buy it if I can go to *Japan and sell tofu out of it while drifting up a hill and becoming better at drifting than even my drunk abusive father.

not China…

See my point about marketing and how “Retro” names benefit in marketing.

It’s just a name anyways.

[quote=“Calico Angel,post:25,topic:33285"”]

I will only buy it if I can go to China and sell tofu out of it while drifting up a hill and becoming better at drifting than even my drunk abusive father.

[/quote]

You are really not good with geography are you?

[quote=“66impalass,post:27,topic:33285"”]

You are really not good with geography are you?

[/quote]

Yeah I meant Japan

Does anyone else think it looks like a TC?

Yeah I think it’s got some TC in it, but I can also see a little Civic and RSX too. But in a RWD platform, I would take this car over the other 3 any day.

I will buy one on launch, lol, and as fuzz said, it needs flip ups

thats pretty hot :tup:

I will only buy it if I can go to *Japan and sell tofu out of it while drifting up a hill and becoming better at drifting than even my drunk abusive father.

[/quote]

I’m liking your posts more and more every day

nice, bout time they brought it back :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:26,topic:33285"”]

See my point about marketing and how “Retro” names benefit in marketing.

It’s just a name anyways.

[/quote]

Can you list a few names for me? I really can’t think of any.

They should just call it the hachi roku, slap a badge in some lame cursive font on the back and everything. ricers would eat it up

[/quote]

Ahahahahaha <3.

[quote=“Zong,post:36,topic:33285"”]

They should just call it the hachi roku, slap a badge in some lame cursive font on the back and everything. ricers would eat it up

[/quote]

That would roule so hard. :headbang:

Honestly I would consider trading the WRX in for this if they offer a performance oriented version, or flip-up head lights one of the two. And maybe some smaller wheels to boot.

[quote=“Zong,post:36,topic:33285"”]

[/quote]

lol :tup:

It would definitely make me forget about all this AE86 nonsense.

However you have to admit, calling it that for now will draw quite a bit of attention for the car. Or a lot of free advertising before a name is settled.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:39,topic:33285"”]

However you have to admit, calling it that for now will draw quite a bit of attention for the car. Or a lot of free advertising before a name is settled.

[/quote]

Agreed.