2011 GT350

5.0 mag has the exclusive inside specs and story on the new Coyote 5.0…half of this months mag id dedicated to it!

its technically still classified as a mod motor bc of the 100mm bore spacing, BUT its also completly different, so go figure

im still torn on my feelings for this. i guess i will have to grow on me.

a boosted motor with a higher compression can make more horsepower on less boost vs the same motor with lower comp at the same boost levels. Also higher comp gives as someone else stated much better throttle response and low end power.

Such as my car for example, a turbo VG30ET is a 7:8:1 or something like that and another is an 8:1 compression. My motor being an NA2T is a 9:1 compression ration and NA2T cars have dynoed ~20-30WHP more at stock boost levels than the turbo motors.

With enough fuel and the ECU to back it up, higher comp with a boosted motor from factory shouldent be an issue at all.

although 11:1 plus a turbs seems awfully high for something comming from a factory to be street driven…

BUT HOLY HELL! I acctualy really like how the car looks, extremely mean looking.

not going to lie i think its hideous. the only mustangs that i think genuinely look good are the sn95 and 03-04 cobras and fox notches

vw/Audi FSI motors are doing 11.xx to 1 and running 25-30 psi throgh them no issues, however thats not much boost.

ugly

:retardclap

Not really feelin this one…:frowning:

love the 2010+ GT500’s though…

Thanks for explaining to me how compression works! I’ve never once worked on a car before!

HAHA, dident mean to come off like that wayne… shit i know you know more than I do… just saying, HIgh compression + boost isnt bad at all…

Out of curioisity whats the compression of the cobra?

75:1

Diesel son.

80:1 4AGE kiiiiid

I believe 8.5:1

What’s the compression on a 6v71 Wayne? Some of those guys run over 100psi!

Really for somer eason I always thought those motors were around the 9 range idk why lol

:rofl

def 8.5:1 just looked it up

Steve 71 series motors were 19:1 non turbo and 17:1 turbo.

I just came, buckets

Looks good!

Camaro will still own it tho.