2012 C7 Corvette

http://www.fquick.com/images/articles/7441.jpg

Rumors have been circulating that GM vice chairman Bob Lutz has been pushing for a mid-engine C7. A mid-engine C7 would get a version of GM’s upcoming “high-feature” V8, expected to be an efficient, direct-injection 5.0L plus gas engine with quad cams and four valves per cyclinder and due to launch in 2009 to replace the Northstar V8. If a mid-engine Vette emerged, a lot of rethinking would have to go into plan as the current C6 Z06 is a near perfect 51/49 weight distribution.

Cant wait for the C7 to come out, so I can grab a C6 Z06 cheappppp.

lol @ the use of BEATER :stuck_out_tongue:

nm

IB4 OHV Bandwagoners go ape shit.

That being said… I’d be amazed if they went midmount, I just don’t think that the marketing people have the stones for it.

And, I don’t like that picture. Too… mercedes / lambo?

more ferrari

mid engine, sweet I cant wait to work on that.

<-- APE SHIT

nah it would be cool, but it would now become "exotic"ish, and price-wise more than likely be out of reach of the old guys on my street that have C5s and C6s

mid engine would be cool and all… but if it’s already got near perfect 50/50 why make it a mid engine car? that would make the car a royal pita to work on me thinks.

also not a huge fan of OHC’s in it. One of the neat things about vettes, in recent times atleast, is that it was able to hand the competition it’s ass, with an “old and tired” pushrod V8

Pushrods aren’t for life! :tup: to GM realizing that if this comes true.

wrong.

ive heard nothing but good things about direct injection, but still pushrods ftw.

C5 was suppose to be a midship car, C6 was as well… I will beleive it when I see it

I wouldn’t mind it for a special car (ala the ZR1 from the 90’s… DOHC V8)

the pushrod engines not only keep prices low in the GM aftermarket world but they also make some nice power, are less complicated to work on and get decent gas milage

+1

Between pissing off the purists who think Vette = FR, to the huge redesign costs I think an MR Vette is more of a 3012 idea, not 2012.

Unless they figure by 2010 UAW will be history because then they might actually be able to afford the design and engineering that would need to go into it.

i hate most domestics, and i gotta say id rock that if i could afford one.

Mid engine would be blasphemy, the current headlights are tragedy enough.

BS!! Will never happen. Spoke with an insidder lately and Ain’t no way the C7 is going mid engine. The Corvette WILL stay FR for the forseeable future. Although GM is infact testing some parts and is seriously considering building a mid engine vehicle, it certainly is NOT the next Corvette. You can bet the leaks about it being the next vette, are form GM themselves to throw people off the sent of the real project. But something tells me that if the cars is produced it will look surprisingly similar to this: http://ohcgp.clubgp.com/images/cas02/cas_cadillac_cien3.jpg

… and happen to carry the same wreath and crest. :wink:

yea id say it kinda looks like a ferrari, kinda 599ish, idk tho i rly dig the look for the c6’s

and i see no real reason to go MR

:tup: to direct injection tho

The motor trend article does talk about Cadillac and the fact it is more likely to have the mid engine car. Not as a replacement to the XLR, but a model above the XLR.

i dont care what kind of valve actuation it has… as long as the heads flow well…

Brian