2012 RNC

Anybody following it?

I haven’t made a whole lot of time for it. I tuned in Monday night just long enough to catch the tail end of what I’m pretty sure was Rick Fecalmatter reading some sort of longfellow poem? Then that Texas senator spew some rhetoric.

The convention’s actual theme is based on that misquote of Obama saying “no man is an island” in a really convoluted way? Seems kind of empty.

That whole “you didn’t build that” will teach him to not go off teleprompter again.

The convention is where they set the official part platform right?

The official party platform is set leading up to the convention and approved there.
http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
A CONSITUTIONAL AMENDMENT to ban all abortions, including in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s health is in jeopardy? Really?
:gtfo:

Fuck.

Protecting America is the first and most important duty of our federal government.

Uh, no. The preamble lists 6 overarching reasons for the constitution:
-form a more perfect union (aka form one government rather than collection of fragmented states that didn’t work under the articles of confederation)
-establish justice (uniform legal system for all)
-insure domestic tranquility (no fighting between states)
-provide for the common defense (there’s your national security)
-promote the general welfare (make America generally awesome)
-secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity (avoid the rights abuses and power grabs that are so abundant today)

National defense is a major part of the reason for a federal government, but it’s certainly not the most important.

That’s in the first subsection under their “restoring the constution” section. Right after that comes some horse shit about defending traditional marriage being part of the constitution. Marriage is not in the fucking constitution. That’s just frightening.