2013 Ford Fusion/Mondeo redesign

[quote=“roland”"]

not a very clear picture but definitely can tell it is sportier than the current one.

Rumored to be all 4 cylinder, 2.5 base, 2.5 hybrid, 1.6 EB and 2.0 EB. A 3.5 EB would be killed but if the rest of the lineup is going 4 cylinder that wouldn’t be very feasible. I think a 280ish hp 2.0T sport model that weighs under 3500 pounds would rock my wallet. An AWD 2.0T sport for under 30k and 3600 lbs would rock my wallet and savings account. Put it right in line with a Lancer RalliArt, Sonata 2.0T, and cut under the Regal GS and A4 S-Line.

[/quote]

[quote=“typhoon5000"”]

:munch:

[/quote]

I am pretty disappointed to hear they will likely be dropping the V6. It crushes my hopes that they would drop in the 3.5 ecoboost. That would have made for a really fast daily driver. The 2010-2012 fusion sport is already offered with the 3.5 non direct injected version (different heads and fuel system)

Looks really nice.

I am days from buying one and I like the new one better :mad:

Posted from tapatalk

Looks like a sonata from the rear

It is disappointing that they dropped the 6, it would also be cool if they offered the Ecoboost 6, but that would negate the reason for building the SHO…although…some what cheaper, and lighter = beter performance…could work.

Hot. My girl’s already considering one.

aston martin grill?

Looks like an ugly DB-9

db-9 + hyundai sonata

I saw this yesterday. I hate the redesign, it looks like a fucking Hyundai Sonata. The front does have an Aston/Jag look but the black grill looks like an EVO.

I’m going to the Detroit Auto Show this weekend so I’ll let you guys know what I think after I see it in person.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+1

it annoys me so much when people give credit to the Koreans for things they stole from elsewhere. the Koreans are basically cut and pasting so don’t give them credit. The only time you see something original from them is when you see something completely retarded like the swoop on the genesis coupe that ruins an otherwise nice car.

Yes to all of those only I also see the EVO X mixed in the front as Fadetoblack mentioned, especially when you look at the grill and headlights.

I dont think anyone is giving credit to Hyundai for the design, they probably stole the cues from ford prototype and got it to the market before ford could.

:clap:

They took the design from this ugly Mercedes:

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/100923/2008-mercedes-cls-550-004.jpg

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2010/02/01/464109.1-lg.jpg

Separated at birth?

LOL

are you sure those are true prototype renderings? the front bumper/grille/hood are DEFINATELY off the 2011 focus, the trunk and tails are DEF off a 2011 fiesta sedan, and the side profile is Euro-Mondeo sourced it seems…

Real or not, I think it looks great. The Aston Martin front end is obvious, but who better to copy…

I absolutely agree that it looks good :tup:

so put the 350hp version in the fusion and upgrade the power for the SHO. Ford stated that the SHO redesign will have 400+hp. Probably the same car with a livernoise tune on it lol. I don’t disagree that the 3.5 ecoboost does not belong in the fusion but I would love a completely bonkers car like that, and the hard stuff is already developed for it. Just need a couple inches on the firewall to clear the rear turbo.

troof