2013 NHRA rules relaxed for 2008+ vehicles.

Kinda means if you drive a stock ZR1 that runs 10.50’s stock you don’t need a bar.

Whatever… lets see if NHRA replies to my email.

BUUUUMP

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529684

Please see posts: #4, #10, #38, #14, #52, #58

Like I said, and it seems like alot of guys over there who have been racing since you and I were in diapers, seem to agree. Not only is the idea of chancing your safty, but this rule only applies to the specific events.

"When you get to an NHRA Member Track for an NHRA Drags Street Legal Style presented by AAA event, you’ll pay your entry fee and get a tech card. Fill out your information on the tech card and proceed to the tech area to submit your car for safety inspection. The tech staff and track officials will inspect your car to make sure you meet the racing safety requirements. Some of the safety requirements include: "

So unless LVD plans on calling its T&T wed nights an “NHRA Drags Street Legal Style presented by AAA event”, this rule change doesnt apply.

And your Z06/ZR1 look alike seems far from “unaltered”.

Why this thread still exists, I have no idea.

Leave it at this: If you get teched with or without a cage, good for you. If you want a cage in the car no matter your times/speed, good for you. If you want to risk your life and not run a cage, good for you. If you couldn’t care less about the rules, good for you.

No need for the bickering. If you run faster than X time, and they don’t care about your cage status, then that’s up to the track.