2016 Ford GT

I’d be willing to bet Ford is smarter than anyone on this board in regards to where they think the EcoBoost engines can carry the company. Either that, or they’re fucking with us and both the GT and the Raptor will get the boosted V8 treatment when production models are released and they’ll all be laughing at their funny joke.

The new 3.5 TTV6 that is going into the Raptor is not the same 3.5 EB from previous years. Ford already has a 3.5 TTV6 running as an approved GARRA engine and they have stated that is what the GT and new Raptor engine is based off of. Obviously they are not identical since there is a 100HP difference but based off the same design.

On a side note…it’s sad to see the SVT name go away to a generic “ford performance” branding.

Where did your read that?

The last one used a standard motor from their lineup and was made 2005-2006 at 140-150k before mark ups.

This was has a brand new motor and its 2015 im sure they have cover some R&D costs and inflation.

I know people with Fusions and Edges that have sat in dealers for weeks. Random electronic issues. I had two friends with Fusions that suddenly couldn’t roll up any windows or close the sunroof. Just a disaster and continued service.

In 2004 the pricing was right in line with the 360 Modena which MSRP was around $150K.

Now you have the 458 italia that would be in the competitive set which MSRP is around $240K

So I would expect $250K, with low production. Dealers will be asking $300+

Acura said the NSX will start in the mid-$150,000 range.

I’m calling 160-175 for this.

I don’t know what it will cost but I would expect the same markup issues, etc as last time. This was 10 years ago remember:

… when the GT officially went on sale in the summer of '04, the collector/investor crowd swarmed. Listed at $143,345, that number swelled to $157,000-plus with all the options. Dealers then marked them up as high as $220,000, some bypassing the showroom and offering them to the world on eBay, where they could pit one potential buyer against another. The feeding frenzy was fueled by the knowledge that Ford could make just nine GTs a day, or 1500 a year, which meant there weren’t enough to give even one each to every Ford dealer in the country. This feeding frenzy happened before a little dark cloud on the horizon mushroomed into a thunderstorm…

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/at-ford-a-supercar-delivers-a-super-headache-car-news

Shitty to hear, both my Raptor and wife’s '14 Explorer have had zero issues and no other issues with previous Fords either (2009 Escape, 2008 F150 and my Tbird). Hopefully Ford fixes those issues and takes responsibility…Hopefully they dont become the next GM or Toyota.

It is a flat plane crank in this car like the gt350. So it isn’t the same engine as a sho. Not that I love the choice to go with the v6.

This is much like the last GT that had completely unique cylinder heads that were the best flowing production heads at that time. They might be borrowing a few parts from the bin but they are definitely engineering a ton from scratch.

I think it looks sweet, but I wish it looked less like a Lotus.

Damn. I have had zero issues with my 2013 Fusion. Fingers crossed that I don’t start now!

:rofl:

Ya it was amazing. I do like the look of their new cars and they really did reinvent themselves but after hearing these horror stories, it turned me off. The only thing is that they have had a few years of of their new models so maybe they worked out their first year bugs of the new engineering.

So like I said

http://horsepowerkings.com/sources-ford-to-discontinue-v8-motors-in-mustang-f150-after-2017/

“SOURCE: FORD TO DISCONTINUE V8 MOTORS IN MUSTANG, F-150 AFTER 2017, WILL RUN 4-CYLINDER AND V6 ECOBOOST EXCLUSIVELY”

yeah, we will see about that in the mustang… I bet they backtrack.

Just in time for $1.99 gas.

^^^that confirms my decision to never buy a ford.

4 cyl and 6 cyl in “muscle” cars and trucks with no 8 cyl option.

fuck that.

You’re naive if you think every other manufacturer isn’t going to follow in their footsteps. With increasingly stringent emissions requirements, v8’s will be a thing of the past when you can get v8 power, from a 6 cyl, with 4cyl economy.

i’m not naïve at all. I just like v8 sounds.

when they stop producing vehicles that I like I will just build what I like. which will leave me with taking old cars and putting more modern fuel injected v8 drivetrains in them without the handicap of all the emissions bulshit and regulation.