205 mph ticket issued

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:16 am Post subject: 205 MPH speeding ticket, 1000RR

205mph Honda Nabs Headlines From Woebegone
205mph speeding ticket sets MN record, you betcha’
by dean adams
Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Sheesh! And to think we gave up doing the flood run because it was filled with wobbling, drunken Harley riders who really were “unsafe at any speed”.

Little known fact: Dylan’s famed Minnesota Hi-way 61 runs right past the Soup offices; and most of the RW-based Soup crew have been traveling 61 for decades. So, we know of what we speak, or write, in this instance.

According to published reports this morning, a Honda 1000 rider has set the unofficial all-time speeding ticket record on a return run during last weekend’s flood run, most of which takes place on 61. The 20 year old Stillwater resident, Samuel Armstrong Tilley, was clocked at 205mph by a Minnesota State Patrol airplane, or so both Twin Cities papers report this morning.

200 mph on mostly two-lane 61? On a nice, fall Saturday afternoon when the tourists actually out-number mosquitoes? Uh-huh.

Note that the reports state the law officer didn’t obtain a radar gun reading to determine the rider’s speed, but used a stop watch and some pre-determined land markings to time him. Hmmm. Minnesotans and math; not really our strong suit is it fellow residents?

In what can only be a serious blow to the aftermarket, the published report quotes the cop/pilot as saying that many high-performance motorcycles with minor modifications can now “hit 200 mph”.

damn thats pretty nuts

i’d like to see the officer’s marks in high school math.

i don’t trust the “stopwatch and landmarks” method.

that’s how i got a 60mph ticket in my three banger Metro, with 600lb of passengers, with one misfiring cylinder, in third gear.

i was doing forty.

w3rd. Vascar is retarded. too much room for error.

nonono… the margin of error at the start of the watch is going to be equal to that of the stopping of the watch… thus it’s accurate :ugh2: :ugh2: :squint:

this is what i was told in court… i got ‘vascar’d’ going 65 in a 40… meanwhile i was only doing 50ish… fags

that is of course assuming that the rolly polly bitch with his fat fingers on the stopwatch hits it at the right time.

Steps to vascar…

1: Notice car passing first white line.

2: take bite of donut.

3: start timing car.

4: stop timing car as it passes second white line.

5: Write ticket for 50mph over car’s mechanical limit.

Success! Revenue for Borough/Township/etc…

pretty much. I had a friend who got pulled over and the local cop accused him of doing 65 in a 45. only problem was there was a state cop in an unmarked car that was right behind him. The cop busted a u-turn and came back to see what was up or whatever. Local cop claimed 65mph and my buddy was like WTF, cause he was only doing 45 (he noticed the cop behind him). Then the state boy was like “uhhh, i was right behind him and we were both doing 45”. Local cop let him off, but Im sure there were probably 10 other saps that got taken hard by this asshole that day.

I was told the same thing. It’s impossible to keep it 100% accurate, but the courts don’t tend to think so

i think i’d rather have the 3/10ths of a mile with the speedometer than vascar…vascar is less reliable than…a…really unreliable car…

FOP card owns all

like a dsm :smiley:

i am calling :bs: last night on 3 wheel tuesday thayy said that bikeis not capable of that speed

http://www.wpxi.com/news/3748818/detail.html

well think about this. one vascar is very inaccurate so he could of been doing 185 not 205 since there is that much margin. and yes the new litre bikes can go the fast with these mods… smaller rear sprocket, tuning and rider in full tuck postion.

i heard about this on the radio on my way to the USX tower this morning for work
yes it is :nuts: