20k Budget

So I have about 20k to spend on a car. I was looking to see what people had to say about what I should get. Im not looking for a sports car or anything. Realisticly I want something 4 door, newer, and low km. One car I was looking at was the 2011 dodge charger. Any input would be nice.

I’m not trying to be a smart ass but if you have $20 000 cash invest half and in a few years you win a free car!!! lolz

No thanks. I work my ass off for my money so im going to buy something nice. I got out of the 240 scene, bought myself a house at the age of 21, and now have a chunk of change to buy somethin nice for myself.

spend $10k on the car and $10k on something that doesnt rust and depreciate.

i’d go with a nice $10k maxima. That’s a lot of car for $10k and you don’t get double the value for the other $10k

you can decide on and buy a house at 21 but you cant pick a $20,000 car? cool story bro. u be bill gatin’ homie

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

>not looking for sports car
>was looking at 2011 charger
>wat

the 3.6 not the rt. Thanks for all your help people. I was posting to see what people thought about what are some good cars for 20 grand, not a bunch of people telling me what to do with my money.

you’re like one of those african american rapper people on mtv, but instead of showing off dollar bills, you just talkin bout it. you’ve mentioned $20,000 specifically in 2 of your 3 posts and the third spoke of a chunk of change of no specified denomination and having bought a house at 21 after getting out of the 240 scene. You sound like someone I once encountered on a music forum. And if you are anything like them, you’re still paying off a debt from building a 240 when you were in the scene

^ That.

Don’t buy a Charger. Awful to look at, drive and work on.

The first generation Acura TSX (2004 - 2008) has a reliable 4cyl that’s great on gas, a 6spd that offers fairly decent gearing for highway (compared to most 4cyl) and looks professional. The interior is also pretty nice, and with added options can be very desirable. I’m not sure on prices, but you can definitely get one with options for less than your budget.

Lol ok. You know so much about my life. Oh yeaaah im so far in debt right now so I was able to save up money to buy a car. Would you like me to make the post saying, so im looking at buying a car, cant tell you guys how much money I have but I wanna know what you guys think I should get. Stop wasting peoples time cuz you have nothing to do but try and make fun of people on a forum.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

This is what I was looking for. Pretty much nailed it for me. I do want something that looks professional, and good on gas, Thanks for the input man.

What about a newer Subaru Impreza (2006). They go for around 16-18 000. Unless you’re looking for the STI. My cousin owns a 06 Impreza and loves it. Decent on gas, fun to drive, good in the winter, classy, and safe for his young children.

I wouldn’t buy a new v6 charger, because they are gay and it will depreciate a shit load.

here buy this. professional and its good on gas if you coast a lot. its got more space than a 4 door.
http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?228381-WTT-WTS-Lexus-SC300-w-1JZ-GTE-VVTi-Single-Turbo-R154

save 11k, be responsible, put it towards your house, unless you don’t have a mortgage at 21, in which case you’re a big liar.

will, if you’re going to buy something gay like a 2010+ domestic car let me put you in touch with my cousin… he owns a small leasing / wholesale company in burlington and will kill dealer pricing on anything like that by a lot.

Bings right on this for sure.Maximas are great,quick and reliable cars.Just take a close look at the floors on the past and driver’s side where your feet touch .They tend to rot there.
Good luck

K thanks Bing, might be in touch with you sometime soon.

Yea, I wouldn’t buy anything domestic, unless you want the car to be worth absolutely nothing in 5 years.

Maxima, Altima, Mostly maxima though.

I’ve driven a 08 charger and I could honestly say it was the worst car I have ever driven.

Did they fix the turning radious on the newer generations maximas?
if not i wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole.

For 20k you can get newer is350 AWDS and some other neat options, g35x, etc

Worse than taurus wagon?