240 build-up. dumn clutch question

Hey ya’ll. Me and my buddy are building up his 95 240sx. we putting in a nice cat-back exhaust, intake, buncha nismo stuff , shifter, clutch slave cylinder, wheel lugs, clutch, flywheel, aluminum 1 piece drive shaft, and a bunch of other stuff, with more stuff on the way.

anyways, we got all the drive-line stuff installed, and now we need to bleed the clutch line :S. which is something none of us have done. there is no play in the clutch, can someone post the steps/procedures, to this process? thanks. we’re gonna start in the morning, so need fast answer! haha. thanks in advance

Same process as bleeding brakes. There is a bleeder screw on the slave cylinder

went and talked to some mechanics. first thing they said was “it’s not like bleeding your brakes”

Sure it is, the only thing you have to remember is that its not the pedal in the middle, its on the left :lol: but no, it is essentially the same, one guy pumps it a couple times and hold it, then the other pops the screw on the slave.

Yes you will need someone to help you out.

1. Fill reservoir and place hose on bleeder screw. Place opposite end of hose into container. Have assistant apply clutch pedal and hold.

2. Open bleeder screw until pedal reaches floor. Close bleeder screw. Allow pedal to return. Repeat bleeding procedure until air bubbles are evacuated. DO NOT let fluid reservoir run dry during the bleeding operation

Thats everything you need to know. Hope this helps.

Spencer

Strange i just did this today and …It was exaclty like bleeding brakes. Funny how that is. :oops: