Cliuch install

Hey ya’ll, i know it’s for an audi, But I rolled my Z, but i still need help

since i dont have the Z, i decided to install the clutch on the audi. So i got the clutch in, and tomorrow ill be assembling the rest. then i’ll have to bleed the clutch. me and by buddy installed a clutch on his 240, and couldnt get the clutch bled properly and have full function. can anyone please post a good explaination on how to do it? thanks…

Holy that post was about to make my head explode. steps to bleeding a clutch…

1. jack car up.
  2. put jackstands underneath.
  3. get a friend to sit in the car.
  4. get clean container with a little brake/clutch fluid and a tube that fits the bleeder screw.
  5. put tube onto bleeder screw with the other end in the fluid.
  6. open the bleeder screw and have friend push pedal.
  7. close bleeeder screw and have friend release pedal.
  8. repeat steps 6 and 7 about 3 times and check fluid level in clutch master cylinder.
  9. if necesary repeat again…you are good to go.

well we did that with my buddoes 240, and the clutch wouldnt hold/build pressure.

Thats it man, if that doesnt work you have a bad cyl, slave/master or while you are pumping/draining you are letting the fluid get low and are sucking some air into the line. Other possibilities are dirt or contamination in you system.

If you suspect contamination, you might have to burn a couple cans of fluid to rinse the system, maybe they make a flush of some kind that doesnt cost a left nut like brake fluid does… :slight_smile:

…D

yeah… weird…

I did it sunday by myself, took about 10 mins. and it works great :S

thanks for tips tho!