Clutch Install Help

Well everybody I’m in need of a new clutch. I have a Spec Stage 3 clutch ready to be put in but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with this install. I have a couple people already who sort of know what we are doing. I hoping to get things started early so if anyone would be interested in helping me please do. You can reach me at 991-7453 anytime tomorrow. Also some input on making the process faster would be great. Thanks guys.

Josh Chan

Air tools will make this an easy job. Unhook the negative terminal on the battery. Unbolt the driveshaft at the diff. Pull it out of the tranny, have something to catch the fluid that will come out. Most of the bolts holding the tranny are different lengths. so if you can put them down someplace in the same circular pattern, it will be easier to install. Pull out the starter. Pull back the tranny, get the input splines out first before angling it down. Unbolt the old clutch, undo the flywheel, get it machined. You should need a 12 point socket for the flywheel bolts. Put back together. Crack both tranny plugs while on ground or in air to make sure that they will both work, when they should.

hey thanks for the tips

Unhook the exhaust at the downpipe/cat this will let the engine tilt and will give you more room to slide the tranny in and out. I know with the KA24 tranny you actually have to rotate the trans 180 degrees before you can slide it out, I dont know if the ca is the same but just keep that in mind.

Here are my steps:

1 Remove shifter.
2 Draing the trans fluid.
3 remove Driveshaft , just behind the centre bearing and slide it out.
4 Unhook speed sensor, unplug All the other sensors and push them aside
5 Unhook the Slave cylinder Just take off the 2 bolts that attatch it to the tranny.
6 Remove the tranny cross member
7 Begin removing the bolt bolts. There are 2 at the very top that you cant see, the best way to get them is with a swivel joint and a combination of extensions (The more the better).
8 The tranny should slide out now IF YOU GOT ALL THE BOLTS!
9 If there is no room to slide it out then rotate the trans 180 degrees clockwise till it is upside down.
10 Remove the clutch then the flywheel.
11 Install is the reverse.

Simply dropping the exhaust will tilt the engine and transmission downward so you don’t have to rotate anything, and making life soooo much easyer. Don’t worry about damaging anything with the engine at that angle. I’ve done so many that way, and there are no ill effects. (not 100% sure about the CA, but the SR is the same way)