S13/14 Clutch Install

Unhook the exhaust at the downpipe/cat this will let the engine tilt and will give you more room to slide the tranny in and out. I know with the KA24 tranny you actually have to rotate the trans 180 degrees before you can slide it out, I dont know if the ca is the same but just keep that in mind.

Here are my steps:

1 Remove shifter.
2 Draing the trans fluid.
3 remove Driveshaft , just behind the centre bearing and slide it out.
4 Unhook speed sensor, unplug All the other sensors and push them aside
5 Unhook the Slave cylinder Just take off the 2 bolts that attatch it to the tranny.
6 Remove the tranny cross member
7 Begin removing the bolt bolts. There are 2 at the very top that you cant see, the best way to get them is with a swivel joint and a combination of extensions (The more the better).
8 The tranny should slide out now IF YOU GOT ALL THE BOLTS!
9 If there is no room to slide it out then rotate the trans 180 degrees clockwise till it is upside down.
10 Remove the clutch then the flywheel.
11 Install is the reverse.

If not replacing the flywheel, try to get it machined as well before throwing in the new clutch. Also make sure you put the throwout bearing on the right way, and check that the fork moves as easily as it did before you took everything out. Oh, and brake cleaner is your friend, might as well give the bell housing a quick wipe.

And make sure you put the clutch in the right way. Sometimes it will say “Flywheel side” but other times it won’t. If it doesn’t, the middle of the clutch (metal part with the springs) is raised on one side, but not on the other. Install the NON-RAISED toward the flywheel.