F***ing tranny.

Is anyone an expert at getting a tranny out of a 240(s13) me and my dad have been going at it all day and its on the verge of coming of but it just wont budge. Anyone got some free time and wanna help a young guy like me out?

[QUOTE=Nis240 ]
Did you try rotating it clockwise 180 degrees? that should do the trick. and undo the exhaust at the cat.

Something is holding you up. A bracket, a bolt, exhaust, something. Your tranny will never just stick to your engine like that. Grab the tail end of the tranny and give it a few good pushes upwards and that will literally make the tranny just fall out thats how I do every single one of my tranny jobs.

This may also help. http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1390

The top of the tranny is stuck on the firewall… btw I dont have a cat- cut it off. Pictures in a few minutes.

***edit - Both of my cameras are dead.

One of the top holes where the bolts go is rubbing up against the firewall rendering it well … stuck. I tried turning the tranny… UH NO. this thing seriously must weigh 1.4 million pounds I cant even turn it more than 40 degrees

Did you rotate it yet???

No, this thing weighs 1.4 trillion tonnes I can move it 40 degrees and thats it.

Push it forwar again and rotate it till the shifter hole faces down.

Ill go try thanks…

put a jack under the crank pully jack motor back a bit! rotate the tranny and pull! there is nothing holding it up if u got all the bolts and brakcet outs! but u need to rotate it a bit and jacking the front of motor up a bit will easy how much u need to rotate! :slight_smile:

Whos up for doing this for a case of beer, this is too much for a 16 year old. Its INCHES from coming of I swear and im too weak to rotate it.

Where are you located?

And you and your dad can’t rotate it at the same time?

Sherwood Park, we tried but I dunno it just wont rotate

Whew, got the damn tranny out, no the flywheel is off for resurfacing, and the new clutch is due in tommorow :slight_smile:

After oh a week of working on putting the clutch in I finnaly have everything bolted up, now I have to pray to the nissan gods I put it in right

hahhaha good luck!