TRANNY help big time, just lifting

Hey guys, heres the deal, i got a new tranny, well i took my old 1 out and replaced the clutch and flywheel but now i cant lift the thing on my own, so if any 1 can help me out, by just lifting the tranny in place i would apprecited it, i can deal with everything else, thks Sunjay

p.s i need this done asap, i wanna drive my f-ing car man, before the weather gets really bad lol

how did you take your tranny out to begin with

hey man, search for that, there is actually a bunch of threads on that exact subject… installing a tranny by your lonesome.

It is very easy to get it up there… lining up the pilot shaft into the bushing and all that might be a different story depending…

good luck

i sugest trying to use some string, and tie up the back of tha tranny. then use a broom or a stick or shaft or something and keep it up through the shifter hole. thats what i did. it works perfectlyy

i also need help to swap a AUTO tranny… i’ve heard that its much bulkier and heavier… can anyone help me?. thanks…

auto tranny’s are a bitch. They wiegh like 300lbs. Use a jack to hold it up and then lower it when you undo all the bolts with the jack.

prodigy and i did a clutch job on an SR.

easy way to put the tranny back yourself (assuming the car is sitting on axle stands) is to raise up the front of the transmission with a jack, bench press the tranny, line it up and slide it in.

i’m sure this isn’t the easiest way but it works.