tranny install

i have my sr tranny out and on the floor… car is jacked up to the max…new clutch is installed.

and now its impossible to put up the tranny…ive even loosend the motor mounts to kinda drop the clutch and motor for more clearance…

anypne have any tips or anything?

rotate the tranny so that its upside down then slide it on, rotate up and you should be set. Worked for me.

awsome i was gonna try that but i have tht tranny mount on still so im gonna take that off and i should be good to go…

also u did this in a s14 im assuming… i have a s13 fastback…

same shit i think?

thanks for ur help.

jesse.

Yeah, don’t worry. We will be able to get that badboy back on. By the way, any value villages in your area? I forgot to bring shitty clothes again.

haha thats why I prefer to take the entire motor with tranny out, then do everything on the ground instead of fucking up my back, but you young guys have backs like bull, good luck.

pry bar and someone tilting the motor for the front

someone with a seatbelt from inside supporting the tailstock

I trust you used a clutch alignment tool?

yes of course… clutch is on and alligned…

i just cant get clearence at the top of the floorboard near the firewall…

just seems as if the tranny grew overnight LOL…

i jacked the front of the motor up with a piece of wood and a jack…

still wont go…but my back is going…

maybe when i jacked it up the motor actually went higher… im gonna try without a jack and just turn the tranny upside down…

Yeah. Jacking up the motor can be bad because if you aren’t careful, you arent so much tilting the motor, as you are lifting the whole thing up. If you don’t care about your firewall too much, take a big hammer and bang on it to get a little more room. That will also make it easier to get it in and out next time.

LMAO!!! not evennnnnn… i know what you are saying but im not about to damage my car for no reason…

anyways everything is in and it started up one shot… but now i think i need a master cylinder…i can see a drop in side under the dash…where the master cylinder seal is.

clutch is almost on the floor with 3 inchs of travel

I have a Napa master cylinder that I used for about a month. I can sell you that for cheap. Oh yeah, I also need to get my shoes sometime in the near future.

Dude don’t kill youself! Do as I have done after my motor in place my release berring was gone then I did as u have done but today I realized that I was really killing myself, so take 1 hour (if u are working alone"like me") and take the motor out of ur car again, when reinstalling ask to a friend to give u a hand if udon’t have friends just don’t do as I did don’t brake the pw sterring line,lol, becarefully with that and after 2 1/2 or even 3 hours U’ll see that doing this way is always the fast and right way to do is u don’t have a tranny jack!
gl!
ps: Doing with the motor out U can torque the tranny bolts right and easier!