240 owners review of the Golf.

Its funny that you say that cause I would get scared when it turned off lol

It was for sure the most practical car I’ve ever owned. I slid a fuckin dishwasher in the back, closed the hatch and drove home. It was great for booty calls too, cause when you push the front seats forward you basically had a couch back there, and with the remote for the deck and the limo tints I put on it, it was pretty much a private living room.

Me and three of my buddies all at least 6 feet tall went on a snowboarding trip to Quebec in it, we utilized the roof rack and my buddies couldnt get over the fact of how comfortable it was in the back seat for the 8 hour drive. Any REAL dubber will tell you, its a love hate relationship. Where as Honda or Nissan owner will say its just pure love, no complications.

DONT DO IT!!! Get a beater/daily. Thats what I do

my dad had a 1993 jetta diesel… it looked cool lowered and had some other frills but man it was total shit to drive. handled like ass, slow as balls.

I ‘would’ seriously consider owning a 4 door TDI for commuting and as a general purpose vehicle, but not as a primary.

if you get a gas powered one then i don’t see any reason to go VW over anything else really.

My buddies owned his 2000 golf for 2 years now nothing other than basic maintenance. After driving a sr240 the car is absolutely gutless. It’s a dd i guess tho so who really cares.

I used to have a golf, i personally liked the car, was good on gas and didnt handle that bad, Its not like your gonna race with the car anyways. Excellent dd, diesel is even more economical.

just to clear things up, why are you interested in getting another 240 right after you just sold yours? i’d understand if you wanted to switch from a s13 to a s14, or from a coupe to a hatch, but i think you’ve owned them all by now. why didnt you just keep it, what are you gaining from selling / buying another 240?

Dude. believe me. I just lose interest really fast. The last car had a knocking motor and I figured I’d sell as is and cut my loses.

If i was “shady”, which I hope you’re not implying, you’d hear from the new owners. I just get tired of what I currently have and never really gotten attached to any car in particular. Not that I need to explain myself or “clear things up”.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I appreciate all the input btw. I’m going to check out a few tomorrow. I’ll let you guys know how i feel about them after. lol.

get a tdi or dont get one at all!

^^haha. don’t sell your car ciaran!

ok you convinced me! haha

if you can find me koguchi power overfenders for under 1k ill keep it!

R33 GTS? Tiger is selling auction grade 4’s with 1 year powertrain warranties. What you get is an excellent motor (RB25), decent fuel economy (500+km/tank), a comfortable and enjoyable car, low km, and cheap. Invest 1K after purchase into doing your timing belt, water pump, idler, and tensioner; do your spark plugs, rad flush, oil change, brake bleed, and clutch bleed and you should be good. Also tranny fluid, fuel filter, and maybe a new fuel pump, the usual stuff. You will have an easy 150K of life to look forward to. Just keep the boost at 6-10lbs and you should be fine. It will be a lot more fun than a mystery Civic. If you did all of those things you will have officially ended the majority of things that can lead to the average break down.

I own an 06 TDI as a daily. It’s fantastic, 100hp and 170ft lbs of torque is enough for highway passing and daily driving. The car is comfortable, has more room than my wrx (wagon) and it looks great.

I looked at buying a 2002-2005 TDI (MK4/A4 chassis) and it’s a night and day difference between MK4 and MK5. I drove a Mk4 in the foot hills of San Francisco, the suspension felt tired and the car handled like poop. I took out 3 MK4’s here in Canada and it was the same thing, the car never felt tight.

When I started looking at the 2006 model my opinion of the Jetta’s driving experience changed. When going around a corner the car feels competent, it’s refined around the corner but comfortable on the straights.

My average gas mileage is 42mpg or 5.6L/100KM with an average cost (last month) of $0.933/L

I did test drive a few MK4 TDI Golfs, I really like the car but needed more room (Toddler). I would have purchased an 05 Golf TDI w/130k KM however the guy was asking $2K over market value and wouldnt’ budge. I figured I could replace the shocks and fix the poor handling…

i got 08 honda fit with 22000km. manual. its 1.5 vtec realllllly good on gas. more room due to the back hatch (5doors), you can reclin the front 2 seat all the way back to make it flat like a bed (wink wink).
ill drive this b4 i drive some euro crap vw fag club. unless its tdi but tdi is too expenssive imo. plus i am JDM 4 LIFE. so i d rather drive honda over VW.

oh if your trying to say oh my diesel gets me 950km / full tank of gas thing… yo i just gave my mom my 07 hybrid civic and this thing do super good on gas. lol lets say its untouchable gas mileage unless you have some other kind of hybrid. lol lol

They are starting to tune hybrids in Japan. Plus with HST, you would save lol.

HST …plus comme holy shit tax!

Way to come across as combative! Nice story about your mom getting an 07 Civic Hybrid, give her a high five for me and tell her I said hi. :wink:

I looked at buying a Honda Civic and test drove a few 2008’s… My conclusion on Honda was, I’d rather drive a more boring Toyota Corolla banking on less maintenance (1zz, timing chain, etc) and similar gas mileage. (Don’t get me wrong, the Civic is very boring.) To each their own…

yeah im thinking of going straight hybrid only after i get done with my 09 civic. did you guys know that we dont have to do emission on hybrid?? now we are saving money and trees. it does kill gas but i guess it kills less enviroment then gas or diesel… diesel smells like yacky shit that you wanna kill your self after driving after it in traffic. hybrid? yo it will shut off by it self to save gas and all that… so yeah you wont smell shit lol lol

now aday you can pick up honda insect?? did i spell that one right? for dirt cheap. or you can pick up a prius for lil cheaper or same as vw tdi with 150k. for daily why not a hybrid. they gives you more km on warranty and all…

Honda Insight. But yes, Honda’s are like pesky insects, swarming our roads in large numbers. Might as well be an insect.

insect power yo! lol i know honda is boring with out k20 in it. but still… i like em. if i only paid half of what i paid for my 08 fit… i would of dunk a k20 from 06 rsx and let it fly lol lol

ahhhhhhhhhh… i gotta stop supporting hondas on son240 forum lol fuck it. get yo self a 2010 nissan sentra hybrid yo!!!

Nice. Hybrid would sound nice but I’m really loving the look of the vdubs. Travis and gtst sounds good and would definetely be one of the more enjoyable DD’s but I would strongly presume I’d be paying the highest insurance premium to drive it. Thanks alot Roast, big difference btw mk4 and 5 huh? I’ll take that into consideration.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

[QUOTE=MP/B240;2322372]just to clear things up, why are you interested in getting another 240 right after you just sold yours? i’d understand if you wanted to switch from a s13 to a s14, or from a coupe to a hatch, QUOTE]

just noticed this. I am looking to go from a coupe to a hatch.

no man, i wasn’t implying that you were shady or anything like that. i was just actually curious because i’m the kind of guy that would keep a car for a while, i just havent had enough time to explore a lot of other cars. but yes i understand now

^no worries. I wish I was like that and not so impulsive. As it stands. TDI Golf or Kouki and possible that hatch I posted above. Comparing apples and oranges…and one lemon.