240's of the world?

K i’m confused, Please explain

In North America we have the 240sx

In Japan they have the Silvia/180sx

In Europe they have the 200sx

All pretty much the same except Engines, and front and rear bumpers etc…

Could someone explain the years and model names for each of these geographical regions. I only ask because i was recently inquiring into Silvia Badging fom europe and i was told there was only the 200sx!

I know this sounds a little stupid but i just wanted to see exactelly whats going on on the other sde of the world!

Thanks

Head

As far as model names, i was under the impression that:

Japan first had the CA18 (180sx)
Europe’s first engine SR20 (200sx)
NA engine KA24 (240sx)

We got the shitty end of the stick.

Well thats ignorant.

i’d say we got a different end of the stick.

KA is a very good engine, it just needs a little help.
This is a very ignorant remark. Go down to the states and look at all the KA’s making well over 350whp and high comp KA’s making 180-200whp.

Andrew.

my ka feels like an sr when an intercooler piping pops off.

wait a sec, now i agree with the comments on the KA! Pretty useful engine to start and pretty good to tune! Losta Torque!!!

But that wasn’t the question

Basically i wanted to know, What models ie. 180sx, 200sx, Silvia etc (i know the engines) did Europe and japan get?

Just a country and model list is needed

Thanks

I can’t vouch for 100% accuracy of this info, but here’s what I know.

It’s whacked… in Europe the s13s are hatchback only and have the CA18DET and despite this are called the 200SX. Europe didn’t get the SR until the S14 chassis, which was still called the 200SX. I do not know of any S15s sold directly in Europe.

Australia’s S13s are dubbed the 180SX (hatch) and Silvia (coupe), exactly like in Japan. They followed Japan’s switchover from CA (1.8 ) to SR (2.0) in 91. The S14’s nameplate in Australia was changed to 200SX and the S15s follow this nomenclature. Both have SRs.

Everyone knows the story with the 240SX here in North America.
EDIT: For further confusion, I should also mention that the 200SX we get here is NOT the same 200SX that I mentioned above.

ca’s suck, who wants an engine with less liters than 2L pop bottle?

Hey guys.

Ok here we go.

1989-90 - Silvia K in Japan, looks like the North American 240sx Coupe and came with the CA18det

1989-90 - 180sx in Japan, looks like the North American 240 Hatch and came with the CA18det

1991-94 - S13 Silva in Japan, looks like the North American 240 Coupe and came with the SR20det.

1991-97 - 180sx in Japan, looks like the North American 240 Hatch and came with the CA18det

As for the 200sx, I don’t claim to know the years of them nor 100% of the motors but I believe it’s the SR20de here and the SR20det elsewhere. Someone please correct me though if Im wrong on this.

Anyway, I hope this helps ya man.

Take care.

Easy 8)

Bruce your info on the 91-97 180SX is incorrect.

91-95 was the SR20DET w/ red valvecover while 96-98 had the black cover.

Canada gets LSD in the 91+ S13s where as the US didn’t.

DUnno what else. I’m bored at work.

Well no it was’nt incorrect persay, they do come with the SR20’s I just did’nt bother with saying which motor’s because Head did’nt ask that.

You are right though about the motor’s.

Easy 8)

Sorry I hate to keep dragging this on (I know it will be cleaned up later on anyway, that’s why I’m doing it)…

but:

"1991-97 - 180sx in Japan, looks like the North American 240 Hatch and came with the CA18det "

you put CA not SR… thats what i mainly meant =) No worries.

:lol: I should have looked closer. I though you said 240 not 180 b/c I did have it right with regards to which motor is in which car.

Oh well like you said, “No worries” :smiley:

No, he is saying your information is wrong.

1991-97 - 180sx in Japan, looks like the North American 240 Hatch and came with the CA18det

Is that not supposed to say SR20DET?

I don’t believe so based on the fact is was still called a 180sx meaning a 1.8 liter engine. Here the 240sx refer’s to the 2.4 liter engine. In Japan with the Silvia’s there is no mention to motor size in the title.

Now I do know the SR was available for the 180’s as an option. I beleive they made the the CA’s untill the unfortuneate demise of the car in 97. Again though, I may be in error but I don’t think so.

Anyway if I am, I am if not, again no biggie.

Easy 8)

Pretty sure the 91-97 180SX had the 2L SR, what I’m not sure about is, were they all turbo? Or did they also come in n/a like the silvias?

It was the SR.

Type X was turbo, they still had NA versions.

Everything spd-dmn wrote is correct.

Also note that European 180SXs (which means CA18DET only, even past 1991) came with a 4 port head instead of the JDM/Australian 8 port head.