240sx sputtering

Hahahaha, I don’t blame him for saying that, although beast is a strong word… When I replaced my fuel pump, I found out how a KA SHOULD run (I actually drove it with the dying pump for a year). All I thought afterwards was: damn, this thing’s got more pull than I thought it would lol.

ok, im sorry for offending everyone lol, i drove it for a year with the bad pump also, so i guess i should have said “it operates with a substantial increase in the amount of performance” it is not BEAST, its…nice

Ok, well instead of starting a new thread i figured i would just bump this one with the issue of the car stalling. runs fine when its cold, but when it warms up, and i crack the throttle it will stall, and give me a hard time starting it up again. any ideas? also, is there any way to test an ECU? cause i still think it might be fried. Thanks

anyone?

So this is the exact opposite problem to what you had before? sounds like your getting too much fuel at start up and are flooding the engine. get a fuel pressure gauge and check what stock should be make your your ok. or a wideband?

When its cold it fast idles and pumps more air in the engine so it it should run fine if its only stalling when its hot out yeah you get where im going with this.

or you could pull the fast idle plug and your car will just fast idle all the time. maybe not a good idea.

I had the same problem with my saab a while ago. Turned out to be a bad fuel filter. My car still splutters etc. but it doesn’t stall out and is driveable.
will your car start up fine and then stall afterwards, or do you have trouble starting it up in the first place after it stalls?

I dont get any black smoke, so i dont think its getting too much fuel. and once it gets enough heat in the motor to stall it wont give me a hard time starting it again. I think its just time for some more TLC

That’s weird cos what sounds like when the car switches to closed loop it stalls out.

check your EGR valve moves smoothly up and down. from there on good luck.