240sx winters and you

Im too cheap this year to buy a winter beater so i guess im going to be driving the 240 just gonna raise it up. any cons to having coilovers in the winter?

pillowball top don like snow and salt?

hey tyler it might be worse because it will get sideways more with your kazz. buy my winters and you will be fine[/quote]

lol once im moving its no problem to drive. the only thing i dont like is driving uphill and having to push and dig my car out all the time. The LSD will help me get going correct? I shouldnt be getting stuck.

it shouldnt but i got my 240 stuck in the mud and mud is kind of like snow . but dont worry if you get stuck bad ill pull you out with mu jeep

Hilarious! And oh so true!

I’ve driven KA-T and N/A in the winter with a few different set ups and i’d recommend:

– Rustproofing first each fall season
– GOOD winter tires, ALL 4, they really make a vital difference
– Weight in the back is very important and I recommend it, even though what Renman said is true, it increases your momentum once you break loose. That said however, in my experience, because of the weight the car will also want to “re-hookup” a little sooner which is good

I run 4 winter tires, 150lbs of sand in the back, and stay out boost most of the time when snow is around.

Some other general tips:

– Leave a TON of room from the car in front of you
– Brake gently & early, and brake BEFORE turns not in them
– Modulate throttle
– And boys & girls, if you’re gonna have some fun, make sure you pick your spots carefully!

:smiley:

All that said, i’ve found that the 240 is actually a great all-around winter car.

hey tyler it might be worse because it will get sideways more with your kazz. buy my winters and you will be fine[/quote]

lol once im moving its no problem to drive. the only thing i dont like is driving uphill and having to push and dig my car out all the time. The LSD will help me get going correct? I shouldnt be getting stuck.

it shouldnt but i got my 240 stuck in the mud and mud is kind of like snow . but dont worry if you get stuck bad ill pull you out with mu jeep

Hilarious! And oh so true!

I’ve driven KA-T and N/A in the winter with a few different set ups and i’d recommend:

– Rustproofing first each fall season
– GOOD winter tires, ALL 4, they really make a vital difference
– Weight in the back is very important and I recommend it, even though what Renman said is true, it increases your momentum once you break loose. That said however, in my experience, because of the weight the car will also want to “re-hookup” a little sooner which is good

I run 4 winter tires, 150lbs of sand in the back, and stay out boost most of the time when snow is around.

Some other general tips:

– Leave a TON of room from the car in front of you
– Brake gently & early, and brake BEFORE turns not in them
– Modulate throttle
– And boys & girls, if you’re gonna have some fun, make sure you pick your spots carefully!

:smiley:

All that said, i’ve found that the 240 is actually a great all-around winter car.